Thursday, December 30, 2010

Out with the old and in with the new...

2010 has flown by.  Seriously.  Last month I dated a check 11/14/09.  I think at this point I just need to forget about 2010 and move straight to 2011.

But first I'm going to do a brief really long year in review.

2010 started out with Snowmageddon 1.



Followed by celebrating our princess turning 3 at her "Breakfast at Melody's" tea party.


February was quite interesting when I, the physician's daughter, totally underestimated Jack's tummy ache while Alex was over-reacting following his intuition.  Jack had his appendix out.


February had us celebrating Valentine's Day


And freezing our tails off while trying to smile about it in Snowmageddon 2.


In March I turned 24.  Again.
We entered baseball season.


And then we finally welcomed spring and Easter in April!




And then I went back solo for the Beth Moore conference 


And the Bon Jovi concert!  \m/ (Those are metal horns for all you non-coolrock-n-roll people out there.)


 Jack lost his bottom teeth and we had our last day of school in May.


As well as this infamous incident.


We celebrated Mother's Day and Grandma's 80th (and last) birthday in May as well.  She passed away in October and is now home with the Lord.


In June I dove out of my comfort zone and went camping.  Ok, fine, it was actually yurting. I understand you tent-camping people think there's a difference but to us 5-star-resort people there's really not.


And Batman Jack turned 6!


The summer was spent swimming. A lot.  And making sure certain body parts stay attached.


And doing a little tubing on Lake Oconee.


We headed back to FL in July where Melody and I met some real life princesses!  It was truly a magical moment for both of us.  I'm a little teary just thinking about it.


 In August we took one last vacation to Resort Mitchell and Charlie had his first haircut courtesy of Granddaddy.


Once we were back home, we were all ready for the first day of 1st grade




In September Alex and I were able to take a vacation to visit Ben in Colorado


and we took several family trips down to the Plains for some fun, family, football!




and my handsome Cub Scout went on his first Scout camping trip.  This was probably the highlight of his year.  That and getting his batman costume.  I only say that based on the fact that he mentions both things at least 10 time a day.




Thanksgiving brought us to FL yet again.  We are definitely thankful for these friends...we've had a lot of fun with them this year and appreciate them hosting us so frequently.


Early December brought us Sasha who will ring in the new year with us and stay here until mid-January.


 We were happy to celebrate Christmas Day with Uncle Ben and his girlfriend, Bekah.


And we received an unexpected gift...a white Christmas! Georgia hadn't had a white Christmas since 1918.
I guess this makes Snowmageddon 3 for 2010.


We've had many adventures in 2010 and are looking forward to what lies ahead in 2011!

Happy New Year!


15 comments:

Kelli said...

What a year!!!!

Pam said...

What a busy year.

Foursons said...

I must not be cool because I had no idea what "/m\" was. Hahaha. What a fun concert though.

And seriously- all that snow?! I'm so jealous!!! What the heck is up w/y'all getting so much snow?

Baby Charlie is looking awfully big these days. His cheeks are starting to disappear and that makes me sad. Feed that boy and make those cheeks come back. :D

I love the last family shot. Totally worth framing IMHO.

Oh, and I think you better forget the 5 star hotels and go buy a tent. Otherwise you are going to have a very disappointed boy!

SouthernDogwoods said...

What a great year! Wishing you all a wonderful 2011! Happy New Year

Kat said...

What a great glimpse back at your year! Sounds like a good one too. :)
Happy New Year!

Laura Farrell said...

What a great year you had! Great post :)

Carrie said...

So fun to look back and see such an eventful year! And it's hard to believe how big the kids have grown when seeing it in pics!

Hope 2011 is another great year for you and your sweet family ;)

Happy New Year!

Twisted Cinderella said...

A great look back at the year that has passed! I hope you had a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Years! Here's to a fabulous new year!

Alex said...

Can't believe you threw horns for Bon Jovi.

Ronnie James Dio is rolling in his grave.

Angie said...

Fun year!! Happy New Year...I can't wait to see what 2011 holds for all of us!

HeatherOz said...

That was so fun to re-live your year! It was a good one! I can't believe all your snowmageddons! Lucky!

Megan said...

Yurting, princesses and multiple snowstorms - that was quite a year!

Brandi said...

Craziness w/all that snow! How did Sasha like Christmas? I love the last pic. :)

Happy New Year!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Love the recap in pictures. I didn't realize we had that much snow this year.

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Happy New Year!! I loved your review! You had a really fun and eventful year and I think 2011 will be even better. =)

Loved the devil horns and your November family pic. :)