Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The First 24 hours

So, we've had Sasha with us for 24 hours now.

While we all are having a blast with him, no one warmed up quite as fast as Melody did.  She ran downstairs this morning, took one look at him, exclaimed, "Sasha!" and just started hugging him.

(Sorry for the bad image, it was taken from my cell phone.)


One thing I learned pretty fast is Google Translator rocks.

Secondly, Nintendo is a universal language.  I showed him the Wii and his face lit up and we played while the little kids napped.  He beat me every single time.



So far he seems to be having a good time too.  He is obviously used to little kids and plays well with Charlie and Melody.  He seemed really happy when we picked Jack up from school and they had a blast all afternoon.

So far so good.  Whew! 

13 comments:

Mom24 said...

Do you worry how hard it will be for him to go back? It almost seems cruel to show him this wonderful life and then have to have him leave with very little chance of experiencing something like this again. I'm truly not criticizing, just thinking out loud. I know you're definitely coming from a place of love.

Kelli W said...

I'm so glad everything is going great! Sasha looks like he is having a great time:) And I can tell from that first picture that Melody is having a great time!

Jen said...

So glad its going well for you. :)

Angie said...

So happy to read this update! I think it is awesome that Melody and you ALL are having a ball!

Rachel said...

Can I just say that I love your little girl. I mean, your little "welcoming committee" :)

Kids have a way of making us feel special like no one else can - and that expression on her face is priceless.

So thankful for the amazing experience of a house full of love that you are giving to this boy!

SouthernDogwoods said...

That is awesome!!! I love that he picked up the Wii. Great photos!

Kmama said...

He looks like he's having fun. What a great experience for all of you!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

So glad it's going so well.

Does he get to do this every Christmas? I can't imagine how hard it will be for him to go back to the orphanage.

Glad he's having a great time.

Emmy said...

Okay I have been bad and nor around for several days. So glad he arrived safely and is doing good so far. Looks like he will be a good fit with your family.

It is 56 here today and I am cold. And I grew up in Chicago where it is currently zero. Amazing how you get used to a certain thing.

Kat said...

That's is great! I am so glad everything is going so well. :)

Holly said...

This is awesome news! He must be having the time of his life. Sounds like your kids are too. :)

Sandra said...

I've been reading back on past posts to see who Sasha is and what his deal is. I thought you might have adopted him, but from the comments, I see he's a guest? Well, what an experience for both him and your family. What a giving and loving person you are!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

What is happening? I haven't been around (sorry!) so I'm totally playing catch up!