Thursday, December 16, 2010

PSF and Bibliya

Біблія is the Ukrainian word for Bible.

When we learned Sasha would be coming to stay with us over Christmas, I wanted a Bible to be one of his Christmas presents.

Bibles in Eastern European languages are hard to come by but fortunately I was directed to Eastern European Missions.  They are a wonderful organization and graciously provided us with two Bibles in Russian.  

One was a children's Bible and the other a regular, full verse Bible.

I was amazed when I saw it.  It has some of the most beautiful illustrations I have seen.  I took some pictures, although they hardly do it justice.  





In other Sasha news, everything is going well.  He's such a sweet boy, plays nicely with Jack, Melody, and Charlie and has incredible manners.  I learned today he likes to cook and had a great time helping me make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  Each day, our language barrier is getting better.  He doesn't say too much but his comprehension level is rising.

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli
 

7 comments:

Kmama said...

Those are gorgeous illustrations. I'm so glad things are continuing to go well!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Glad things are going well..and that is a nice Bible.

Unknown said...

That is heartwarming! And I bet that bible is precious to Sasha, too! My husband and I both speak Russian (my husband better than me) and I actually didn't notice at first that the first word was in RUssian because I just read through it. :)

Jenny Marlowe Marvin said...

Such a great present! Merry Christmas!

HeatherOz said...

What wonderful gifts!
I am so glad everything is going well!

Kelli said...

What a beautiful gift to give to him. I'm glad things are going well and you are all adjusting. Enjoy.

Emmy said...

So glad it is going well