Monday, July 19, 2010

Disney-mania

Upon entering, Cinderella's castle is the first sight we saw.

We headed over to Tomorrow Land and our first ride, which also happened to be Jack's favorite, was the Buzz Lightyear ride. He repeatedly asked (only about a million times) to ride it again through out the day.

After Buzz Lightyear, Lauren and I took Jack and Libby to ride Space Mountain. I had neglected to warn Jack how insanely pitch black it is. He was practically shaking when he got off the ride. (Yes, I felt terrible for him.) Thankfully, the next day, he said he was just pulling our legs and loved the roller coasters. I'm glad to know he wasn't scared for life!

Melody and Emma Jane weren't upset that they had to miss out on the wild rides...they had a blast in Minnie's house instead!

We needed a break from the heat, so we went to Mickey's PhilharMagic Show, which was a lot of fun.



The kids were hilarious with the 3-D. Melody almost swooned when Ariel looked to be practically sitting in her lap and Jack kept trying to grab the images.



And then Melody noticed the Carousel and was very excited and wanted to ride it right away!



Jack finally wore us down and we let him ride the Buzz Lightyear ride once more right before we left. When we came out, who should be loitering around Tomorrow Land but Buzz himself! All the kids, except Emma Jane, were thrilled!



We already can't wait to go back!!

Mommy and Me Monday at Really, Are You Serious?
Hosted by Krystyn

24 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

That day sounded perfect. WE love the buzz ride. It is our favorite. Melody is so cute in all her princess glory. I love it. She is so girly! LOVE THAT!

Kelli W said...

That looks like such a fun day! The Buzz rides was one of my boys favorites too. Next time you should try the Toy Story Mania ride at Hollywood Studios...it is so much fun!

Kmama said...

I love Magic Kingdom. We went in Feb. 2009. My favorite was the Monsters Inc laugh floor. I thought that was so fun. Buddy enjoyed the Buzz Lightyear ride too.

Great pictures!

Kelli said...

Looks like a really fun trip. One day we'll make it to Disney...I know my Jamison can't wait to go.

SouthernDogwoods said...

What a Disney-riffic blast! I can not wait to take our girls. Love all of your photos!

Kat said...

How FUN!!!!! I can't wait to take the kids to Disney. Neither can they. ;)
So glad you all had such a great time! :)

Bren said...

Buzz Lightyear is my second favorite ride (second only to Space Mountain). I just LOVE it! The kids are all so cute! How nice that you all got to go together!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

How fun! My mom keeps saying she wants to go and I convinced her that the kids aren't old enough...guess I'm wrong!

Jen said...

I can't wait to take my kids to Disney some day.

Emmy said...

The buzz lightyear ride was def a favorite of ours. My husband almost got stuck in the seat of space mountain, he might have even broke the bar a bit trying to get out. And yes it is black and the music is so loud blasting in your ears.

HeatherOz said...

Oh how fun! Buzz Lightyear was our favorite ride too and the only ride we went on twice.

Gretchen said...

great pictures! Looks like everyone had a lot of fun!!

Liz Mays said...

It's been far too long since I went there! You're making me miss it even more!

Pam said...

Looks like you are having a great time....enjoy

mommy Orkid Belle said...

Awe! How fun would that be to go the Disney! yaye! Great photos! First visit!

Adin B

darcie said...

We LOVED our trip to Disney this past February - can't wait to return!
great pics!

Angie said...

I love those glasses...you all look super cute!

I can't wait to go to Disney one day!!

Leslie said...

oh, I LOVE disneyland!!! so fun!!!!

Rachel said...

The Toy Story ride would be my favorite too!!

I love the progression of Melody realizing just how much fun those princesses were!

p.s. I *love* the polka dot shirts!!!

Brandi said...

My boys LOVE the Buzz Lightyear ride too! Great pics! We haven't been for 2 years, but I'm hoping we can plan a trip next year.

Meant to be a mom said...

How fun!!!! I just love disney land. I got a happy feeling when I saw the minnie's house picture. For whatever reason I always thought that was so much fun to see Minnie mouses house :)

Ruth said...

What a perfect day!! Sounds like so much fun, Maddy would be scared of Buzz I think, but she would totally love the huge chair!!

Holly said...

Hey, you went to Disney, awesome! I love it. Clearly, you all had fun. You know what, I took a picture of my son in front of that same Mickey & Minnie topiary last time we were there!

Honey Mommy said...

Can't wait to do Disneyland! I am sure both my boys would LOVE the Buzz Lightyear ride as well.