Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A new hair-do and a sneak preview

After waiting three and half long years, I finally got to say to say these six words...

Melody, you really need a haircut!

If you read my blog regularly, you've probably noticed that her hair has actually gotten thicker and longer in the past few months. And, along with this insane summer heat, it was time for something a bit shorter and more stylish.

So, off we went on an impromptu trip to the beauty salon. The stylist cut off more than 2 inches! I almost fainted when I saw the hair falling to the floor. However, I'm very happy with the end result.

After all, what could be more stylish than the ever classic bob?

I know I'm a little biased, but I think she looks just adorable!



And the sneak peek in this post is a little hint of Melody's wall color.
I'm sorry it's not the best photo but with a little girl that can barely sit still, I have to take what I can get.
Melody's room will be finished in a week or so, so stay tuned for the big reveal!

22 comments:

Kelli said...

She is adorable...cute hair! I can't wait to see her room.

SouthernDogwoods said...

ADORABLE! I love it! You are so right - classic bob is the way to go! She is precious in her new style!

Brandi said...

Wow! She did just get a full head of hair overnight! The haircut is fabulous and she is a doll! LOVE it! Lavender on the walls? Can't wait to see... :)

Jessica said...

She's precious! Love the bob!

Kmama said...

Love the haircut...she looks so proud!!

And lavender walls, huh? I can't wait for pictures!

Angie said...

Her hair is adorable! I love that sassy bob :)

lsnellings said...

So cute!

Foursons said...

Love her hair! Although I'm surprised you didn't rip the scissors out of the stylist's hands when she started cutting so much.

Jen said...

Wow, I am impressed. I can't bring myself to cut Claire's hair.

But you're right. She is cute.

Emmy said...

Her hair cut is so so cute! Love it. Can't wait to see the finished room.

woman who roars said...

She looks adorable!!
The first haircut is a total milestone, especially for little girls:-)

woman who roars said...

She looks adorable!!
The first haircut is a total milestone, especially for little girls:-)

HeatherOz said...

*GASP*
The new "do" is tooooo cute!
Melody is just the cutest thing!
Daisy and I are VERY jealous!

Carrie said...

I love her hair! I always wanted Emily to have long hair that I could fix...but she would never have any of that! And her hair was so curly...it always looks better when she gets it cut like Melody's too :) She's super super cute!

And the wall color is so pretty...can't wait to see the whole room!

Laura Farrell said...

Precious haircut! Gotta love the classic bob :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Adorable. She is so cute. Yeah for hair. I was so happy when I was able to cut both my girls hair too.
The wall color is so dainty, I like it...her shirt is adorable too. I can't wait for the room review. I love fresh painted walls and new fun room decor.

Holly said...

So cute and classic! Of course, she's so beautiful, anything would look great on her.

Gretchen said...

That haircut is so cute!!! What a coincidence... my daughter just got her hair cut too! But, she was her own hairstylist and she gave herself a mullet... on only one side... yeah, I need to hide those scissors better.

Gretchen said...

That haircut is so cute!!! What a coincidence... my daughter just got her hair cut too! But, she was her own hairstylist and she gave herself a mullet... on only one side... yeah, I need to hide those scissors better.

Gretchen said...

That haircut is so cute!!! What a coincidence... my daughter just got her hair cut too! But, she was her own hairstylist and she gave herself a mullet... on only one side... yeah, I need to hide those scissors better.

Bethany said...

Her hair is so cute! I love the new 'do!~

Bren said...

So very cute! I keep thinking I am going to do that to Maggie but then chicken out!