Thursday, July 8, 2010

PSF and the tube

On July 4, we all headed out to Eatonton, GA to visit with some college friends and hang out on Lake Oconee.

The weather was amazing. We all swam in the lake. Even me, which is amazing since I basically think a lake is a glorified puddle. We went out on the boat and did some tubing as well.

Jack was thrilled to get to go tubing. And I only had to bribe him a little bit.

Here we are starting out. I love the determined look on his face.

Lots of laughter accompanied that great smile.

The boat speed up a bit and the water was already a bit choppy due to all the lake traffic but we were still having a ball.

I'm pretty sure this is the point where I almost fell off. It's harder than I thought it would be to hang on to the tube and a six-year-old at the same time.



How did you celebrate Independence Day?

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Serious Krystyn

22 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Oh my gosh, that looks like a blast!

Jen said...

Tubing is awesome. I can't to take Hayden again.

Angie said...

I love tubing...so fun!

Your arms are super toned...have you been lifting weights?

Cecily R said...

Looks like SO much fun, but what the heck?? You look better when you're about to go on a tubing ride than I do when I go to church! Geez!

Kmama said...

Look at you tubing with earrings on! LOL Looks like you had a good time!

Buddy has gotten a bit braver this year when it comes to tubing.

Tubing is hard work! I'm always sore after! We usually put our butt in the center though and have our feet hang over the front and hang on.

Erin said...

You look like you got all dolled up to go tubing. Super cute pictures. Your looking great!

Kelli said...

That looks like a ton of fun. I bet that would be hard to hang onto the tube and your baby. Great pictures.

O n T Schrock said...

I love tubing! Great Post - Looks Fun!

Pam said...

Looks like lots of fun! Great pics

Kelli W said...

That looks like so much fun! I would have to bribe my boys a whole bunch to talk them into doing that:)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I bet you had a great time!

And, I'm cracking up that you are accessorizing while tubing!

debi9kids said...

You go mama! You look awesome on that tube with your son. And, i have to agree, your arms are fabulously toned :)

Holly said...

How fun! I want to go but am sure I couldn't possibly look as glam as you while doing it!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Awesome! Great action shots!

Jennie said...

I am completely impressed with your ability to look great AND wear earrings while on a tube with a kid being pulled behind a boat surrounded by tons o' water. Good job! :)

Incidentally, do you read kanji? Just curious 'cause it looks like you have some international fans commenting :)

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

adorable pics!! He looks like had was having the time of his life.

Mrs. NB

PS. I couldn't agree more about a lake being a big puddle!!

Emmy said...

That looks like so much fun! Great pictures, and very glad you didn't fall off

Meant to be a mom said...

How fun, You two are just adorable.

He & Me + 3 said...

Our thoughts are the same about lakes. LOL
You look great on that tube and whoever took the pictures did a great job. How fun for you both.

Carrie said...

I'm not a big fan of getting in lakes either...I barely like to get in the ocean either! But that looks like SO MUCH fun! I've never done that before...I'd be too scared! Yay for Jack! Really cute pics!

HeatherOz said...

Looks so fun and refreshing!
I noticed your earrings too! LOL

heidi said...

Much fun!!!