Thursday, July 1, 2010

PSF and fish

This week has been more of the same for us: swim, sleep, repeat.

On Tuesday, though, we decided to take a trip down to Barnesville and visit Grandma. Aunt Mimi joined us and brought cousins Sam and Madison.

We did a lot of swimming. I'm sure you're all dying to see the pictures. After all, I know I haven't posted enough of my children enjoying the only way to stay cool our current favorite past time. Don't worry. I have some to post at some point.

While the swimming was fun, the highlight of our trip was the fishing. Or at least the fish. Sam caught a fish and decided to keep it as a pet the duration of the afternoon. (Melody actually caught one too but it flopped back in the water too quickly.)

He put it in a wheelbarrow filled with water. Melody and Jack both enjoyed touching the fish and Madison would even pick it up. Charlie however was a little more cautious, preferring just to look at it.

He eventually got over the shock of seeing an actual fish and would then point at it saying, "dat, dat."

To which someone would say, "yes, fish."

Charlie would then reply, "ya".

Finally he leaned in to look at it and then decided he had better things to do a pool to get back to and lost interest.



There's never a lack of excitement at Grandma's house.



PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily

22 comments:

Jen said...

I am with Charlie. I wouldn't touch it either.

{Kimber} said...

Nice fish!! :)

Brandi said...

Sounds like good times at Grandma's! :)

Pam said...

Looks like they all had a great time...great catch on the fish.

Emmy said...

Did it ever try and jump out? That really is a big fish.

Angie said...

Wow...you are right, never a dull moment at G-mas!!

Raise Them Up said...

That's a GREAT catch! Wow!

Chris said...

Ah! I love to watch kids discovering the world -- great series of pictures, Emily.

Oh. and I love the floaties -- it's the accessory of choice this season :)

SouthernDogwoods said...

Awesome but I share Charlie's decision - no thanks on the touching of the fish.

Kelli said...

Fun times! I love Charlie's conversation.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Cracks me up that he put the fish in a wheelbarrow!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness : ) I love this Emily! Super fun!

Twisted Cinderella said...

How fun! I love him leaning over to look at the fish.

Jessica said...

Fun! Cute pics too!

Mom24 said...

Grandma's looks like so much fun! Great pictures.

He & Me + 3 said...

I used to love fishing when I was younger...now I am with Charlie..no touching. Yuck. LOL
Cute as usual.

HeatherOz said...

Fun to have a BIG pet fish for a day! Did it get realeased back in to the lake or eaten for dinner?

Rachel said...

You guys are having waaay too much fun! I love that your nephew is so sweet with the little ones!

Cecily R said...

Fish skeeve me out. That look on Charlie's face in the first picture is EXACTLY how i feel about them. Bleeeeccccccckkkkk.

Leslie said...

Looks like tons of summertime fun!!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Too cute. I love Melody and Charlie leaning over and sneaking a peak.

Meant to be a mom said...

I love the jack and the fish stories, Especially with pictures to go along. He is such a cutie. I'm glad you all had a good 4th.