Thursday, July 15, 2010

PSF and a moment to remember

A few days ago I blogged about the fact that we went to Disney last week. (And, yes, I realized I have not made good on my promise of more pictures.)

While visiting the Magic Kingdom, Melody had one of those moments in life that she we will remember forever.

Yes. She met the Disney Princesses.

She saw her favorite princess, Aurora, first.

I was trying not to cry and she was just completely speechless.

Princess Aurora asked her name and Melody just stared.
She then asked her age and Melody said, "uhhh."
And finally Melody just hugged and hugged her.
She found her voice as we were walking away, turned and said, "I love your crown!"

Next was Cinderella. I think the shock had worn off by then and Melody was actually able to carry on a conversation.

By the time she met Belle, it was as if she was meeting a fellow monarch.



Jack was very excited for his sister.

Or something like that.



Any guesses as to what she picked out at the gift shop?


And I came home and immediately submitted my princess application.

Yes, it was one of the best days of her our life!

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Momma


18 comments:

Liz Mays said...

How incredibly sweet this all is! She'll never forget that!

Bren said...

That is so precious! I can't wait until Maggie gets to meet the Princesses! I think I will cry when it happens! And can I just say that while it took awhile - Melody's hair is beautiful! Such a blondie!

Kelli W said...

So sweet! I bet she had such a great time! That is one thing we did not do when we went to Disney...Henry and Grant would have looked just like Jack:)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. I LOVE this : ) Love. Love. LOVE! : ) And even more than loving her as she met each princess I LOVE her supportive brother.

And PS How pretty are you at Disney world! All fresh and perky with fabulous sandals. I love that!

Kmama said...

That is just too cute!! What fun. LOL at that pic of Jack. ;-)

He & Me + 3 said...

What an awesome experience for her. Model was so little when we went to Disney and she was asleep when we met the princess' and woke up in Cinderella's arms. It was priceless.
Did Belle look like Sandra Bullock to you? Melody is so cute and sweet in all her glory. Adorable.

Brandi said...

OMW! Those pics are so stinkin' precious (and Jack is a riot)!

latree said...

that was awesome, she'll never forget!

Chris said...

We took our kids to Disneyland for the first time, two years ago, and being their first time, I wanted each of them to have an experience they would never forget. Jordan's was sitting for a caricature portrait, while a big crowd gathered to ooooh and aaah, Matt's was fighting Darth Maul at the Jedi Training Academy. And Emma's was meeting Ariel.

I remember waiting in line with her, and just watching her eyes as the Little Mermaid came into view. Magic!

What a great story -- it sounds like you had a great time!

Carrie said...

That is so sweet! I love the pictures! We've never been to Disney, but hope to someday soon! I would be in heaven too! haha! A girl's dream no matter what your age ;)

Jessica said...

How sweet! These pictures are great too. They show her reaction perfectly!

Christy said...

awwww, how sweet! wonderful pictures! I can not wait until my girls get a little bit older and we can take them to Disney! for sure the happiest place in the world :-)

Emmy said...

So so cute! Glad her dreams came true.

SouthernDogwoods said...

Precious & Priceless. Love that crown.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What fun memories for you all! I love how she warmed up as the meetings went on.

Meant to be a mom said...

Oh my gosh, this post is just the sweetest ever. I love her staring little face in the first picture. ADORABLE! I'm so glad you guys had a great time. It sounds and looks like it was very special.

Laura Farrell said...

so sweet! i can't wait until my kids are old enough to go to disney :)

HeatherOz said...

That is just too sweet! Melody is darling! I would have been holding back tears too if my daughter was meeting her favorite princesses! Lily has never been too big on the princesses. Maybe Daisy will be!!!