Thursday, August 12, 2010

PSF and haircuts

Charlie had his first haircut (courtesy of his Granddaddy) a few weeks ago.

Those who know us, know this is a big milestone for our family.

Charlie, however, was relatively unenthusiastic and took his accomplishment in stride. Although he did have a celebratory cookie.

I know for some of you Charlie's hair doesn't seem long...but he was starting to sport the mullet look. And it's not the 80s any more nor do we live in West Virginia, so it was really time to get a trim.

The haircut commences with the "why-are-you-grabbing-my-head" look.



Followed by the "whatever-I-have-a-cookie" response



Next comes "I-don't-mind-this-too-much-as-long-as-I-don't-drop-this-cookie."



"Hey! You almost made my drop my cookie!"

And finally the finished product.

Handsome little guy, dontcha think?



PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli


21 comments:

Foursons said...

He looks more like his brother now! Such handsome men you have.

Brandi said...

Lookin' good! BB is sporting the mullet right now. HAHA!

lsnellings said...

He is so cute!

Liz Mays said...

He looked adorable before, during, and after! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

I love the haircut. He is so cute. Love that cookie too. :)

Cecily R said...

I think I like the hey-you-almost-made-me-drop-my-cookie response best. :) He IS handsome!!

Angie said...

I love the commentary! The cookie is a great idea, glad he didn't drop it!

latree said...

handsome... he is.

Jessica said...

Gah he's looking so big now! Riley has a major mullet going on right now too but we are getting it cut off tomorrow (on his birthday!!)

Carrie said...

Aw...so cute! He looks alot like Melody! they always look so grown up with haircuts...and even more handsome! Great job Grand daddy :)

debi9kids said...

What a cutie! He looks so handsome with his big boy cut :)

Kmama said...

He is so cute. I love his face in that first picture.

Unknown said...

He is so adorable. It is amazing how much more grown up a haircut makes a baby look. What a sweetie!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Wow. I can't believe he's had a cut already. I'm thinking Iz might need one soon. Maybe it will help tame her hair?

And, I'm getting a cut tomorrow. I think I will ask for a cookie, too!

Erin said...

So cute!! He sure has grown this summer!

Anonymous said...

Awww... Very cute. :)

Marla @ www.asthefarmturns.wordpress.com

Pam said...

awww...so handsome and such a big boy.

Emmy said...

Yes indeed. And how fun that grandpa does it

HeatherOz said...

He is lookin' sharp!

heidi said...

Awesome. B needs his first cut - he's all raggedy. Guess I should get on that, eh? Maybe I'll get a celebratory cookie when we're done.

Meant to be a mom said...

Very handsome haircut. Your right he totally does not look enthused. The cookie seems to have helped though. I know cookies help me to calm down too sometimes :)