Thursday, August 5, 2010

PSF and daring

After a summer full of all kinds of fun trips, we finally make it to Resort Mitchell for a few days.

It's so relaxing there.

And the kids have fun too.

Especially in the swimming pool.

This year they both dared to do something they hadn't done before.

They jumped off the jumping wall, a.k.a. a 5-6 foot drop from a brick wall into the pool.

I've actually only done it once because I think it's scary!

But this year, Jack and Melody both dared to do it.



My mom's very encouraging, in case you can't tell.

Did you notice Melody's feet? They never stop moving. And for the record, when I recorded this, Jack had been going off the jumping wall for a day at that point but this was Melody's first jumping wall attempt. Pretty darn brave for a 3-year-old!

What have you dared to do this summer??

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli


15 comments:

Foursons said...

Big jumps for such little bodies! Call me ignorant but why does every post title have PSF at the beginning?

Kat said...

Holy moly! That is impressive! I can barely get my boys to jump into the pool at swimming lessons! What brave littles you have! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

OMGosh that is so great and neither one of them had floaties or anything on. They are brave. The water looks so refreshing.

HeatherOz said...

She didn't even hesitate up there! Brave kids!

Rachel said...

UNBELIEVABLE! I am so proud of them! I mighta sorta left a warm spot in the water last time I tried a jump like that ;)

Brandi said...

Wow! She didn't even hesitate! I don't know if I could do it! Resort Mitchell looks like a nice place to get away. Do they take reservations? ;)

Kmama said...

Wow! I don't know if I could do that!! That looks so high.

Bren said...

She is so brave! What a little daredevil!!

Jenny said...

What a neat pool...and brave little fish! It looks like y'all had a blast!

Emmy said...

That is very brave! I don't think my 5 year old would do that

Jen said...

Wow, that is really brave. :)

Star said...

How brave!!

my two year old wanted to jump off the side of the boat to his sister in the water. he had a lifejacket on, but it was still a good 4 - 5 feet up. Too high, Mommy was too nervous!!

Laura Farrell said...

WOW!! you've got some brave kiddos!

scrappysue said...

very brave, and a gorgeous pool too!

Erin said...

She sure is brave. Alex is in swimming lessons right now! She is a little fish, it looks like your kids are too!!