Monday, October 25, 2010

A Tribute to Grandma

I have not been around much the past few days and it's because last Thursday, my wonderful grandma passed away.


(Granddaddy and Grandma shortly after they were married.)


She was a wonderful woman...generous, caring, and she loved Jesus and her family and friends.


(Grandma and Mom at Jack's 1st birthday party)
Like all old people do, she had her quirks.  She loved to tell stories.  Over and over again.  I had to laugh at her memorial service, when the preacher told one of her stories.  He had obviously heard it many times as well, as he knew it word for word the way she would have told it.

I have too many memories to count of fun times I had with Grandma.
I miss her.
But the joy I feel in knowing that she is now more alive than ever before, in heaven, worshiping our Lord is greater than my sorrow.

(Granny and Grandma at Melody's Baptism)

19 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Sweetie, I am so terribly sorry!!!! Big hugs to you for your loss. Your grandmother was a beautiful woman!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Em- I'm so sorry for your loss. I had no idea she passed away last week.

Thinking of you and your family!

{Kimber} said...

so sorry for your loss...she looks and sounds like an amazing woman
{{HUGS}}

Kelli said...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your grandma. But glad to hear that her memories, and stories, will carry on.

Kmama said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your grandma was a beautiful woman and from the way it sounds, she was beautiful both inside and out.

Jessica said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep you & your family in my prayers.

Mom24 said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. You can feel how much you loved her in your post.

Brandi said...

I absolutely ♥ old photographs. What a great picture and a beautiful couple!

{{Hugs}} and prayers to your family. :)

heidi said...

Sorry about your Grandma, Emily. She was a beautiful lady!

Rachel said...

I am so sorry Emily - sounds like she was a treasure!

Foursons said...

I'm so sorry Emily. She was a beautiful woman- inside and out. I pray for peace and comfort beyond understanding for all of you left behind.

Bren said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. Enjoy the memories and be sure to pass down the stories!

Pam said...

Gotta love those old snap shots....and the newer ones are great to pass down to the kids for them to enjoy for years to come.

Holly said...

Aw. I'm tearing up a bit. Such a beautiful woman. I'm sorry she has passed ... hold onto those good memories!

SouthernDogwoods said...

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your grandmother. She sounds like a wonderful lady! What great memories!

Kelli W said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. She sounds like such a fun grandma, and it sounds like you are handling it pretty well.

Leslie said...

So sorry for you loss, Emily!

Leslie said...

So sorry for you loss, Emily!

Emmy said...

So sorry. She sounds like a wonderful lady. My dad already tells the same stories over and over :)