Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears - Oh My!

Melody, Charlie and I took a little zoo excursion today with our friends, Lindsey and Grayson.

Elephants were a big hit...

but definitely not as cool as the giraffes. Or ba-jraff, as Melody calls them.
She's in the ba-jraff class at preschool and anything with a long-neck is super cool to her.

Charlie liked the ba-jraffs as well but really liked the zebras.

While nothing can top a ba-jraff to Melody, the goats at the petting zoo came close. She proclaimed them, "So cuuuute!" and following them around, giving hugs and pats to each and every one



wanting them all to feel loved and appreciated.
See?




Charlie, on the other hand, takes after me. We prefer to view animals from the other side of the fence. However, I did finally convince him to pet a goat. He was moderating happy for about 10 seconds and then started looking for the exit again.


On another note, in the past I've tried to keep my blog relatively light and just focused on thing fun things my kids are doing and the hilarious things they say. While I will still be blogging about those things, I'm going to blog a little more about deeper issues such as my faith and things happening in my family and marriage.

16 comments:

Rachel said...

That trip looks like fun! I love them standing on the fence looking at the ba-jraffs!

Can't wait to read some of your upcoming posts!

Jen said...

I agree, animals should be seen from behind a fence.


And I hope all is alright with you. Can't wait to read what you have in store.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Sure looks like a fun trip. Iz keeps asking to go back.

SouthernDogwoods said...

Zoo is the best! Great pictures! I love that sweet picture of Melody hugging the goats - she is a sweetie!

And I can not wait to read your future posts.

Kat said...

Oh my word, look at her hug that goat. And with her eyes closed! So dear! :)

It is good to blog about everything that is on your mind. It is almost like therapy. I'm looking forward to your posts. :)

Kelli said...

I love taking the kids to the zoo, but I'm also like you and Charlie with being on the other side of the fence. Melody looks like she is having a great time! Ooh, can wait to read about the deeper things like your faith :)

{Kimber} said...

adorable pics...I'm with Melody, giraffes are my FAV too :)

Kmama said...

Ba-jraffs are awesome. How cute is it that she says that?

I look forward to some of your upcoming posts!

lsnellings said...

Those long sleeves are cracking me up! We went swimming 2 days ago! And I am feelin ya, Charlie! Goats are gross!

Emmy said...

Elephants are always great as you can actually see them. :). Look forward to learning more about you.

Angie said...

I love the pics of Melody with the goats....so cute. She is so sweet to them.

Can't wait to read more!!!!

HeatherOz said...

Oh my gosh! Melody is SO sweet to make sure all the goats feel loved! LOL
But I'm with you and Charlie on viewing from the other side of the fence!

Holly said...

Awesome ba-jraffs! And that picture of Melody hugging the goat is so cute. I'm sure the goat loved it too.

Leslie said...

melody hugging those goats is about the cutest thing ever! Isn't the zoo just the best with kids? I'll definitely be looking forward to what you have to share coming up!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Looks like a blast! Even at my age, I love the zoo and so do my kiddos. Glad you all have such a great time! The kids are growing up so quickly it seems and they are as beautiful as ever. :)

He & Me + 3 said...

What sweet pictures. Love it!
I try always to keep my blog light and about the family. I am not so good with sharing the intimate things of life.