Sunday, October 31, 2010

Batgirl, Cinderella, and Princess Aurora

Halloween is not one of my favorite "holidays".  Ok, let me be honest, other than the candy I don't really like it at all and I don't like the fact that it lasts a week.  There, Ok, I said it.

That being said, I do think it's cute to see my kids dress up.  (Of course, I get to see it fairly often, since dressing up is a frequent occurrence for us.)  This year, we had a Batman (shocker, I know,) a Batgirl, and Spiderman.

I even got a chance to dress up too.  I was an Auburn fan. (Yes, I've already been told that was a cop-out.)  One of my oldest and closest friends, Anne, was in town this weekend.  It was great to get to spend a whole weekend with her as I definitely don't get to see her as often as I'd like.
(And in case you can't tell from his expression, Charlie was pretty worried about the spiders hanging from the ceiling.)

And like any true girl, Melody had multiple costume changes.  She began as Batgirl, moved on to Cinderella, and for the grand finale decided to go with her old standby, Princess Aurora.  Really, you just can't go wrong with Sleeping Beauty.  And as Melody told me Friday, "Grruls weally wike to change der minds."



And now off to enjoy some of that candy.  And least these three days of chaos weren't for nothing, right?

 
Mommy and Me Monday at Really, Are You Serious?
Hosted by Krystyn at Really, Are You Serious?

22 comments:

Carrie said...

How adorable! I love Melody...such a true girl :) What cuties!

Lulu Post said...

love the batgirl's boots!

Heidi Boos said...

I'm loving that Melody had a few costume changes. So cute!! Mikayla was Princess Aurora for Halloween this year, too, so you're right...you really can't go wrong with Sleeping Beauty. Mikayla's long blonde hair was too perfect for the outfit!

Unknown said...

Nice customs for Halloween...^^

Jenny said...

Now that looks like a successful Halloween! So cute!

Kmama said...

The kids are so cute. Isn't it Elizabeth Taylor that says a woman's prerogative is to change her mind?? ;-)

Charlie looks worried in both of the pics. Maybe Spider Man knew something we didn't??

And can I just tell you how jealous I am of you guys not being totally bundled up?? It was 33 here last night! I'm still cold.

Chubskulit Rose said...

They are so cute!

Mommy & Me, have a great start of November.

Kat said...

I love, love, love Halloween! What I do not like? My kids on a month long candy high. Grrr. ;)

Great pics! :)

Liz Mays said...

They look really excited! And cute of course!

Kelli W said...

So funny! I love that she changed costumes so many times:) And Charlie is to cute in that picture...Eli would have been scared by the spiders too!

☆Mama Ko☆ said...

My son is spiderman too. wow look at batman's muscle. and the princess looks so pretty in her pink gown. They sure had fun trick or treating

http://www.mixedthoughts.net/mommy-me-monday-trick-or-treat-111/

Angie said...

Cute costumes and so funny...girls change their minds...ha! love it!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Those spiders were creepy. They kept jumping on M's head (since he's tall enough)!

And, seriously...the week of festivities? I'm exhausted. Thankfully, there's tons of candy to keep me going.

Emmy said...

Lol! Yes girls do change their minds.

Bren said...

Multiple costumes are all the rage! Maggie had 3 and Abbie had two! Like Melody, Maggie ended as Sleeping Beauty!

Foursons said...

I absolutely love the Bat Girl costume. Her boots were the perfect accessory. (Be sure to tell her I said that 'cause I'm sure she'll care.)

The look on Charlie's face w/the spiders is hilarious.

Laura Marchant said...

They are all adorable!

HeatherOz said...

Awww, Melody never fails to crack me up! The boots with the bat girl costume were just too perfect! I can't believe she changed! I appreciate my kids doing all the work and bringing ME home so much candy! ;)

Mel_Cole said...

What fun! Your kids are adorable in their Halloween costumes. :)

I'm your newest follower.

My Mommy and Me post here

redamethyst said...

oh, they are so cute. my son loves batman and spiderman too!
It's my first time to join this meme, my entry is here

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Those are some adorable trick or treaters!!!

Mrs. NB

Honey Mommy said...

I am not totally in love with Halloween either, but I do have to say that kids definitely make it more fun!

Now if only I could figure out what to do with all this candy!