Thursday, June 3, 2010

PSF and 6

Tomorrow my first little guy turns 6.

6!!

This is one of my favorite pictures of him. He was about 20 months old. I think it really sums up how cool he truly is.

Plus it reminds me of how he used to call flip-flops 'bip-bops'.



And here his is, my almost 6 year old.



He...

Is incredibly silly.

Loves to crash into people things, falls down a lot and prefers to run instead of walk.

Is an amazing reader. He recently finished Charlotte's Web and is now reading Illustrated Stories from Dickens. I know. I'm so glad there's another big reader in the house!

Had a great year in Kindergarten and won the Best Vocabulary award. (OK, I'll stop bragging now.)

Has become fascinated with superheroes. And villains.

Loves baseball, bike-riding, and playing with his friends. And even his brother and sister. Mostly. When they let him take total authority.

Has an amazing memory and probably knows more Bible verses than I do!

Really when I think of what an amazing boy my son is and what a blessing he is to our family, I'm rendered speechless.

That almost never happens to me.

Happy birthday, Jack. You are loved more than you'll ever know.



PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecilyand Krista

22 comments:

Bren said...

Happy Birthday Jack! How exciting that he is getting so big = and such a reader!!! That is awesome!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Awww...happy birthday, Jack! I hope you have a great celebration!

Cecily R said...

Happiest birthday to Jack!!

How much do I love that he got an award for vocabulary??!!

Kmama said...

Happy birthday to Jack! Six already? Wow. I can't believe my Jack will be six in a little over 2 months.

Erin said...

Hope he has a great day :) I love the bip bop picture ha ha.

Kelli W said...

Happy Birthday to Jack! I am SUPER impressed with his reading. And the number of bible verses that my kiddos remember also made me feel like I didn't know nearly enough:) I hope y'all have a great birthday weekend!

Carrie said...

What an awesome big 6 year old! He's so cute, and so bright, you have total bragging rights, and should be so proud, way to go Momma!

I love the pictures...man, they grow up fast! Happy Birthday to Jack! {I miss when they pronounce things wrong...sniff...}

Chris said...

What a guy!

Did he realize he had his "bips" on the wrong feet?

(incidentally, we used to call them "thongs" which, of course we don't anymore...)

He's reading Dickens? Now that is a man after my own heart!

Happy birthday Jack!

HeatherOz said...

Happy Birthday Jack!
What a special boy!!

Foursons said...

Happy Birthday big boy! 6 is a great number!

latree said...

Happy birthday big boy. I love that you love reading :)

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday Jack! He sounds like a well-rounded little guy...must have good parents :)

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Jack!

Serline said...

Happy Birthday, Jack! Put a hat on him and you have one of the Blues Brothers ;-P Have a blessed weekend!

Emmy said...

Happy birthday! You do have a lot to brag about he sounds like an amazing kid. My oldest will be 6 this fall.

woman who roars said...

OH!! Happy birthday Jack! Can you believe he'll be a first grader?!

lsnellings said...

How can he be SIX?!?!

Happy Birthday, Jack!
love, Miss Lauren, Libby, Emma Jane, Baby John and Uncle Mister

Pam said...

Happy 6th Birthday, Jack! Hope y'all have a fantastic day celebrating. :-)

SouthernDogwoods said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Jack! I love this sweet birthday post! Great pictures of the birthday boy!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Happy birthday to your big guy, hope he had a great day.

Meant to be a mom said...

Happy birthday to sweet Jack! I hope his year ahead is perfect and amazing :)

Rachel said...

Awww! Time just flies! I love those pictures of him and I hope he had the best sixth birthday ever!