Thursday, May 7, 2009

psf - a girlie girl

Can you believe they're all looking in the same direction and smiling!?
Spring has finally arrived here in Georgia...weeks late! I'm a huge fan of warm hot weather and summer clothes. Melody has tons of summer dresses this year. Jack hardly has any summer clothing. Usually I buy about the same amount for each child so I couldn't figure out why Jack was so lacking. (Charlie's doing OK clothes-wise, as he has all of Jack's hand-me-downs...it's pretty cute stuff too. I am really into Janie and Jack and had just discovered it when Jack was about 6 months old.) After a little bit of pondering, I was able to determine why their wardrobes were so inconsistent. I like to buy my children's clothing at the end of the season clearance sales. When I found out we were going to have a boy last year, I was totally bummed mildly disappointed that I wouldn't get a chance to buy all those sweet baby girl clothes again. So, I went a little over board. Well, only if you think that 9 dresses (not counting all the cute, dressy monogrammed stuff my mom went overboard with) is going over board. I then had a little issue with people referring to Melody has a boy. I found this to be potentially traumatic (for Melody as well as myself) and became determined to prevent it from happening again. So, off I went to buy more dresses.

So, Melody and I have had a blast picking o
ut which dress to wear every day!

This is one of my favorite. It has pineapples on it. The little skirt is so short and makes those chubby little legs look just precious.


No idea what this face is about, but she definitely looks like a girl! Oh, and you can't tell from the picture...but her sandals have cupcakes on them. Perfect for my chubby little chocolate lover.

And here we've got some cute little cherries and a bow! She is "smelling" a dandelion. Obviously the concept of smelling hasn't quite hit home yet.

She's twirling in this photo. Her little short arms can barely fit around her head. Is she cute or what!? I'm just loving having a girl!


PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


19 comments:

Sarah said...

Great pics! I cannot wait for the warm weather to arrive in New England!

Steph said...

I have all girls and love it! (wouldn't mind trying a boy someday too though, I hear they are fun!)
Your little sweetie is adorable! All of your kids are.

Wayne said...

what great photos, i too love the spring and I cant wait to expireince a spring in georgia one day soon. I really love the first picture

Michelle said...

Super cute photos. Your kids all have the exact same eyes. :)

Happy PSF!

Jennifer said...

YUP - she's all girl! Great outfits - and cute cute clothes.

heidi said...

SO cute. Not that you can be blamed for buying so many dresses, I mean..really? Who can resist?! Enjoy it now because before long she'll have an opinion about what she's going to wear. *sigh*

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, she's totally all girly girl! I love it.

Izzy picked out a dress this morning and said "I'm gonna be cute!"

steph said...

OK, that post makes me want to have a girl and you know that is saying something! (don't read anything into this, I LOVE my 2 boys)! Can't wait to see M and get some cute girly time in this summer

grammy said...

I love having a girl too!!!!!!!

Erin said...

I am so excited for dresses and skirts :) I love the warm weather that we have been having!! Very cute pictures :)

Amy said...

What a cutie!

I've had four boys, there's no way I might be pregnant, yet I'm having the strongest desire to paint something PINK.

Kelli W said...

She is SO cute!! I am so jealous of all the cute little girl stuff out there!! It is so not fair....the boys stuff is never a cute and there is never as much to chose from!!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I love the "twirling" one, so cute!

Kris said...

I love having girls because of the clothes!

Mom said...

What a group of sweeties you have!

I, too, was a bit bummed by the offerings for boys. You really have to scrounge around to find cute stuff that isn't "too much" for the little guys.
Girls are easy...the hard part is just not buying too much! ;)

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

what beautiful pictures, the first one is just adorable!

Pam Emmons said...

My little girl loves dresses, that's all she wants to wear! I love the pineapple skirt!

Pam said...

It's so much more fun to dress a girl than a boy! Plus you can do it for so much longer. You've got plenty to look forward to.

She is absolutely adorable in all of her girlie outfits. And she's getting so much more hair now. You can actually see the hair in her bows now~~easily!

Have a great weekend,
Pam

Lisa said...

LOVE the twirling picture! I can't wait until she is big enough for my huge pink tutu.

This is funny...I thought I was clicking on your blog from Google Reader but instead was looking at some cooking blog and didn't know it. It was all of these elaborate recipes along with pictures and they just went on and on. At first I was so impressed with you but then I was getting a little upset about you and wishing I had not told you about eating the raw chocolate chip cookie dough (which was gone by noon, btw). Whew. Glad we can still be friends. It only took reading 8 posts to figure it out. Your kids are cuter than the Chinese Food.