Saturday, May 9, 2009

It's been a long time...

Last night, I did something I haven't done in a really long time.

(No, I did not get a full night sleep, thankyouverymuch.)

I went to a bar and heard live music. Really. It was so so so fun! I can barely remember the last time I did that.
Alex, his bff Webb, and I headed off to Peachtree Tavern last night (leaving Grammy in charge of the sleeping children) to hear Shane O'Dazier play. Shane went to college with us and is one of Alex and Webb's fraternity brothers. After school, he moved to Nashville to try and make it and now has a song playing on the radio and plays all around the Southeast. If you like country music, you should definitely check him out. He's a great guy, has a great voice, and puts on a fun show.

I don't have a lot of pictures from last night. I was having too much fun dancing with my husband to stop and take pictures!

Here's Alex, Shane, and Webb. Yes, Alex and Webb are dressed alike. No, they did not plan it. Yes, it does make me question their already questionable relationship!

Alex doing the "fraternity boy" dance...but without the long hair now!
Shane and his guitarist, who was awesome by the way. In fact, my brother Andrew, maybe the the only other guitarist I've ever heard live who can rock out as good as that guy can!
And, since you already know I'm age-obsessed, I'm just going to admit this; on the way home, we did discuss whether or not we were the oldest people in a bar filled with mostly college student. For the record, we were not. Shane is older than us (by about a year) and I definitely saw one guy sitting at the bar who was older. He may have been the owner, but still, older is older. There were three other married couples there together. We debated for a while whether or not they were older than us. Alex's vote was "no, they are about 25." My vote was, "I'm not sure about the girls, but one of their husbands was definitely in his 30s." And Webb thought they were all like 40ish. (Shane got the guys free beer for a while when we first go there, which explains Webb's poor age perception.) Regardless of their age, we all agreed that we were way cooler than they were.

I mean, come on, Alex and Webb were in matching outfits. You don't get any dorkier cooler than that!

2 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Glad you got to have a fun night out! And, yeah, the matching shirts are a little dorky.

Jen said...

how cool to have a night out. so glad that you had fun!