Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Powell Beach Experience - Melody's Version

Melody, generally, is not a cautious child. However, the drama came out at the beach. At first, she was very wary of the sand and insisted on being held.


When I refused to hold her any longer, she settled for sitting calmly on a towel.

Soon, boredom got the best of her and she was experimenting with the sand and her bucket.


And it wasn't long before she joined Jack on a sea shell hunt.


And thus began Melody's love affair with the beach.

She had a blast jumping in the waves with Mommy.
She loved when the waves would wash up and bury her feet.
I swear I have never seen this child stand still for so long.
She loved Daddy's birthday Oreos.
And (since I know you're all wondering) she loved the hat. In fact, my little fashionista wore it the two days preceding our beach trip as well and has worn it since.
The verdict; Melody thinks the beach was a jumpin' good time!

(If you missed Alex and Jack's version, scroll on down...)

12 comments:

Bren said...

She looks adorable in her hat and matching swim suit! Glad she got used to the sand - isn't it funny how they are "afraid" of these things? and mmmmmm OREOs!

Kelli W said...

She is SO cute!! I love the pic of her after she enjoyed her daddy's Oreo's! And that last picture is SUPER cute....I love her shirt!

lsnellings said...

The hat is so stylin'! Of course she is a little fashionista, look at her mom!

I am very proud of Melody for warming up to the sand so fast! It took Libby 3 years to willingly touch sand!

Pam said...

She is her Mother's child ~ She loves the beach!

However, let's all hope it's MANY years down the road before she starts sipping on some Vacations while enjoying her beach trips!

Love the matching hat and swimsuit! Ellis and I are able to head out now to the big end of the season sale at Castles and Crowns. They have SUCH cute clothes and swimsuits. And they have a catalog, too! You can never have too many cute kids clothes when they're this age, right?!

Dee said...

Oh how cute! I LOVE her bathing suit!

Anonymous said...

Aww she is so cute, I am glad she finally warmed up to the beach. I can't wait to take my boys for the first time.

Twisted Cinderella said...

Oh she is too cute!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh the cuteness overfloweth! Seriously, that looks like one perfect time!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, that hat and swimsuit are too much. Adorable.

The Jennings said...

Glad to see your comment! Looks like yall had a fun beach vacation too! Wish I was at the beach now! Can't wait to see what your family is up to next!

Gretchan Jennings

John Deere Mom said...

The suit, the hat, the sunglasses?! It's too much cuteness!

heidi said...

That outfit is DARLING! I Love it. The swimisuit one. Her one in the last pic is cute, too...she's got piggies!