Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


This was me last Mother's Day. Jack was not quite 4, Melody was 15 months, and I was about 18 weeks pregnant with Charlie.

This is Mother's Day this year...my fir
st as a mommy of three!

After church we went to Grandma Dede's to have lunch with my mom, aunts, my brother, Andrew, and some cousins.
Ok, I had to put this one in because I'm wearing these really fabulous shoes. I mean, I literally planned my outfit around these shoes, so I had to show them off!
I got some very special presents. Melody made me this at school...what a sweet little flower she makes!
Jack's class made all the moms "cookbooks". The recipes were hilarious.
This is recipe Jack submitted.
And he made this card to go with it. It's in the shape of a purse and he wrote me a little note inside. When he gave it to me he said, "I told Ms. Jeannie you would luuuuv this since you luuuuv purses!"
Daddy also took Jack, Melody, and Charlie shopping and they got me this beautiful blue topaz silver and gold necklace with matching heart earrings. How'd they know I love jewelry!?

I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family who loves and appreciates me. I love these children more than I even could have imagined and I'm so thankful to be their mother!

18 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Mother's Day! Sounds like a fantastic day! Love that little cookbook!

Bren said...

Happy Mother's Day! Looks like you had a fabulous day and some really really cute presents! Oh - cute shoes too!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Of course the shoes were cute (we wouldn't expect anything less out of you).

And, how nice that your kids took a picture. Izzy basically refused to take a picture with Nat, let alone with me.

Amy - AKA - TigerMommie said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!......
The pictures are great.
Those 3 little ones are so adorable!

Twisted Cinderella said...

Wonderful pics! Looks like you had a great Mother's Day

lsnellings said...

The shoes look AWESOME!!

(And your kids are cute too!)

Kelli W said...

I love all the pictures!! You and the kiddos look SUPER cute. And ohmygoodness those are some cute shoes too!! I am living in flipflops this year!! I hope you had a great Mother's Day!

Erin said...

Very Cute, I didn't get to take many pictures! I was bummed! Love the pictures! Hope you had a great day!

Dee said...

GREAT pictures and I'm loving the fantastic shoes! :)

steph said...

great pictures. I have a similar flower pot photo gift form R too. I have a pic of M on a key chain where he looks less than impressed with his DOC band.

John Deere Mom said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend! And I LOVE the shoes!

Jen said...

what a great day! I LOVE the shoes, they are fabulous!

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Beautiful pictures! And the cookbook idea is fabulous!

Heidi Boos said...

Wow, you sure were spoiled rotten for Mother's Day. Great family pics! Those cute projects made by your daughter and son...I can't wait until I get little precious keepsakes like this. How sweet!

And, of course...loving the shoes! I think I might need some help in that area so feel free to offer any advice on the kind of shoes I need to be on the hunt for. I would love it if I was shoe-obsessed (my husband? not so much!)

Holly said...

Sweet photos. Sweet kids! Glad you had a happy Mother's Day.

heidi said...

Awesome! You look fabulous, girl!!

Grace {Formerly Gracie} said...

You are the most adorable mommy ever. I'm pregnant with #2 and I wished I looked half as sassy.

Pam said...

Wow, how things change in the course of a single year.

You majorly scored for Mother's Day! I always love the picture flower pots they make when they're little...How you can see their little fingerprints in the paint and have a picture of them at that very moment to go along with it. Boy, does Jack know his Mommy and her love of purses. He had to be beaming to give that to you! I love the cookbook. Our school has not done that all the years mine have been there. What a cute idea.

By the way, I wondered when I would see you in your new purple shoes. Saw them on Lauren's blog and wondered whose feet I'd see them on first. You win!