Sunday, May 17, 2009

our new favorite game - Super Why

My kids have really been into the PBS Kids show Super Why lately. In fact, when they aren't begging to watch it, they are often playing it.

It's quite a sight to see, actually. They both don capes. Here is Jack in his very girlie, er, manly, flowered cape. Notice how he's making it flow behind him just like Super Why's cape. His mask is from a craft project made at preschool camp last summer. Thank goodness that wasn't one of his crafts that I threw out (not that I ever do that!)
Melody, of course, has to do the same. She refers to herself as Princess Why.
Perhaps they are trying to solve the problem of the messy family room?
Hip Hip Hurray! The Super Readers saved the day! Oh, wait, apparently they didn't as the family rom is still messy!

11 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I love their Super Why capes!

Izzy just found her goggles like Melody's recently and loves them.

Bethany said...

They look like such fun kids!! Playrooms never stay clean for long, anyway ;)

Amy - AKA - TigerMommie said...

Too funny.........Apparently Super Readers don't clean........!........Very cute...

Kelli W said...

I love their capes and Melody's SUPER mask is too cute! My boys LOVE Super Why! It is really cute, and Grant has actually learned to recognize almost all of his letters from watching it! I started DVRing the episodes a while back so they could watch them later in the day after Henry got home from preschool....I think we may be watching those a few times this summer!

Erin said...

I love the picture of the two of them sitting together with the big smiles! How cute are those little outfits :)

Summer said...

Oooh, Oooh...I wanna play too!!!!

Bren said...

I am going to have to try to find that show - hadn't heard of it before. They are too cute in their "super" outfits!!!

Gisela said...

I love when my little guy acts out his shows. Lately he's been playing Blue's Clues...complete with his handy dandy notebook! It looks like they are having fun!

Holly said...

Does your son also like to say ZAP! just like Wyatt? I hear a lot of that these days. :) Those costumes are great!

Heidi Boos said...

This is adorable!! Can messy play rooms really be saved by super girls and boys anyway?!

Pam said...

I LOVE Princess Why's large red goggles for a mask. Very chic, I must say!

And do I spy some cute, little orange Home Depot apron's there on the floor? Wonder where those came from? HA! We have ONE, and it makes for some interesting play times between the girls. Nobody makes a fuss about it unless the other one has it. Isn't that always the way it goes?