Thursday, February 19, 2009

PSF - jack's chompers

My oldest son, Jack, has a space between his two front teeth. It's definitely hereditary as my husband and father have one as well. I love this space...Jack wouldn't look like himself without it. The dentist loves this space too...he says that it means there's room for his permanent teeth. If that's the case, then I love this space even more because hopefully he won't need braces!

Jack has commented on this space before. Once he said, "Mom! Look! I lost a tooth!" When I asked where, he pointed to his space!

The other day he said, "Melody, I have a space between my teeth right here *pointing* just in case another tooth decides to grow in."
Check out how much character and personality this smile has!




PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

16 comments:

lsnellings said...

So funny! I had a space too! I never had braces and it eventually grew together!

Corey~living and loving said...

What a lovely tribute to the GAP! :)
happy PSF!

Chris said...

The gap worked for David Letterman!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I've got my gap, too, and so does Izzy; and while I've hated it for so long, I guess I better embrace it before I have to deal with Izzy not liking her.

You are right, Jack wouldn't be himself without it.

Pam said...

How cute!

My older daughter had "perfect" baby teeth! All aligned so nicely and pretty white, of course. She's 9 now and I wish I could say the same. Unfortunately, braces are coming. And FAST!

The little one- Big gap when she got her teeth. The older she's gotten the tighter her teeth have come together. I'm afraid she inherited a very small mouth from my side of the family. I have to look back at baby pictures to see any signs of her gap!

Have a great weekend,
Pam

Anonymous said...

His gap is huge like mine was before I got braces. Believe me, it's more then enough room for his permanent teeth. He and Melody will both need them.

And we'll have to wait and see his baby teeth, but Charlie's odds don't look good.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

What a cutie!!!
I had a big space, too, which I passed down to both of my daughters. :)

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Oh, he's adorable! And you are right, that smile lights up the room and has so much life behind it! I love it!

Anonymous said...

I so remember seeing that space develop when he was just getting teeth! Now, it is just as cute if not more. It is so his personality. I miss you guys =) Steph

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

My sister had a space that gave her plenty of room for her big teeth!
Sure is a cute smile!

Holly said...

What a great smile! My son has a gap between his front teeth too. I never thought much of it.

Michelle said...

love the gappy grin! My teeth were like that when I was little and they all came in perfectly straight.

Unknown said...

Love the grin! My 4 year old has quite the gap too :)

Shauna said...

I'm new here! What a great blog :)

Crazymamaof6 said...

what a cutie! love happy smiling kids!

Jen said...

that is so cute and he certainly does have a great smile!