Saturday, February 7, 2009

Baby update

Yesterday, Melody and Charlie went to visit Dr. Ellis for their 2 year and 4 month well-child check ups. Both are healthy and doing well. Weight is not a problem around here as Melody weighed in at 27lbs 8oz (60%ile) and Charlie tipped the scales at 17lbs 8oz. Yes, you read that right...my 4 month old is 17.5lbs! That is the 95%ile for weight! Charlie is average for height at 25 inches but poor Melody is still so short; she's only 32 inches! This, however, was good news for us as it seems she had a growth spurt that bumped us in the 10%ile instead of the 5th. I think it's safe to say she'll take after her mommy and all the Sims girls! Sorry, sweet pea!

We have hit a few milestones lately. Charlie and Melody had their first bath together last night.


Charlie has also been sitting for longer periods of time. He actually made a new record this morning when he sat unassisted for over 2 minutes! This new skill and his massive weight have prompted me to try him out in the convertible car seat. I'm tired of carrying around that heavy infant seat and he doesn't like it anyways.

Yep, we're growing up here at the Powell house...although every once in a while a certain member likes to revert back to her
baby days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, what great progress on the kids growth! You are brave, not sure I'm ready for R and M in the bath together just yet. The kids are too cute, I miss them so much!

lsnellings said...

I'm gone for a week and my godson is sitting up!!! I so need to live closer to you!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, my goodness! I can't believe Charlie is already sitting up.

And, I've been waiting for the day for the girls to take a bath together.