Sunday, February 22, 2009

a broken dress

When we got home from church and were eating lunch, I noticed that Melody had a big tear in her dress. I was so sad because this is a really cute dress that we wear all the time! Melody was pretty sad too. When I showed it to her, she threw her hands up and said, "Mah dwress bwoke!"

See how upset she is? (Ok, she's actually not upset because of the dress...Jack was getting a little to close to her pumpkin bread (which is like gold to her) and a meltdown ensued).



But see how cute the dress is? And we have on little red leggings to match. A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E.
And there's our rip. Boo-hoo.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Just stitch it up! No one will ever know :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Okay...that totally didn't happen on our watch!! Must have been after we left. And, BTW, there were 25 kids in there this morning. It was craziness!

Pam said...

How sad! But how cute about her "bwoken" dress.

And she just cried over the encroachment on her pumpkin bread? I'm surprised she didn't break out the normal 2 yr old response~Biting the hand that snatches! Check out the biting incident we had at our house this week in my Not Me Monday post. And mine are 5 and 9!

I saw where you tagged me. Thanks! I may be able to get to it later today. We're in the throes of Mardi Gras down here and we're way busy!

Have a great week,
Pam

Kelli W said...

It is a really cute dress!! I agree..just stich it up, no one will ever know!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Aly @ Lip Zip said...

Poor dress! That is so cute. I can't tell if it's on the side or in the back... maybe a pocket over the rip if it's in the side or a ribbon going all the way around the whole dress if it's on the back would fix it? I can't sew at all so it's easy for me to sit here and make suggestions. :)

John Deere Mom said...

That is an adorable dress! We had a similar incident here last week. We are hoping Grandma can come to the rescue!