Monday, February 9, 2009

not me monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I did not totally take advantage of my mom being here and enjoy running errands without any kids on Friday.

I did not totally bust into the Valentine's candy I bought for my kids. I am not secretly happy that I ate so much of it, I am going to have to buy more. Of course, I do not plan on having any of that!

I did not encourage my husband to go alone to a couples wedding shower so I could veg on the couch with a glass of wine and some more of that Valentine's candy. No way, that would be mean. I would never do that! And I definitely did not have a great time by myself on Saturday night!

I did not really wish I could have had an extra piece of cake (or the whole thing) at our friend Brayden's birthday party on Saturday.

I did not find out that several of my friends are newly pregnant. And while I was hugging them congratulations, I was not secretly jumping up and down inside that I am not one of them!

I definitely did not cry when I took the infant carrier out of the car and replaced it with the convertible car seat. No way! I hate to carry that thing, so I would never cry about the fact that this phase of my last baby's babyhood is over.

I did not have my husband take the older children outside to wash the car on Sunday, claiming I had housework to do, so that I could again have time to myself. No way! I am all about family time so I would never do that!

I did not decide not to go with my mom who so nicely took the older two children down to their great-grandma's house today. Does it sound like I was craving some time to myself? No way! Not me! I absolutely love to be rubbed, climbed on, touched, hung on two, 24/7! Who doesn't??

I am definitely not enjoying my breakfast and watching last night's Desperate Housewives as my baby sleeps. No way! I have a million things to do...I'm obviously dusting, vacuuming, and cooking so my family has a peaceful, clean home to enjoy.

5 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh, you and I would get along oh so well. I love dusting and mopping and vaccuuming, too. NOT!!!

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
=0) I love new visitors!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

And, I bet, you did not once again eat all of your kids' valentine's day candy!

Julie said...

I am totally jealous about your time to yourself! And I SO would not be doing housework during that time either!!

I'm very impressed that your hubby went to a couples wedding shower. Anytime I mention something like that my hubby cringes.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great Monday!! Oh yeah...my little one is ready for his convertible carseat too, but I'm keep putting it off....so sad.

Dee said...

Great NotMes! I cried EVERY time I put a set of clothes up because they were too small! And I would NEVER break into the valentine's Day candy either! :)

Pam said...

Wow, how lucky were you to have so much "me" time this week?!

You definitely pulled a fast one with that couples shower one! Good for you. :>)

Have a great week,
Pam