Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jack "the tool man" Powell

My son Jack is a tool fanatic. He loves tools and loves to built. He's also really good at it. He can see all kids of things when he looks at what I can only call 'stuff'. He got this cool erector/connectrix set for Christmas. I have not been able to find it anywhere online. This is the closest toy I could find as a comparison. Jack has a blast making all kind of things with these. They also spark imagination and encourage the development of fine motor skills. What could be a better toy?!

All the descriptions are Jack's words:

The number 4


Here we have a dog house, complete with air conditioning and a phone.


A shower with a mirror and a place for the water to come out.

A lawn mower
A shooter.

Also among the toys he built but are not pictures are:

  • Santa's Sleigh with a place for toys
  • a bathtub
  • a bike with no seat and a steering wheel (this is my personal favorite)
  • a merry go round
  • a 2 person riding toy
  • an umbrella

3 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I think my favorite is the lawn mower.

Kelli W said...

Those look like awesome toys!! My boys would love something like that....Henry's birthday is coming up soon too! And the pieces don't look too terribly tiny!?! I may have to start looking for them!Great pictures! I love the shooter and would have loved to have seen the pic of the umbrella! Kids can be so creative!

Pam said...

What an ingenius little guy!