Sunday, March 1, 2009

our first tooth!

Our little Charlie's first tooth poked through yesterday! I noticed it in Cracker Barrel, where I proceeded to exclaim (really loudly), "Oh! Look! Charlie got his first tooth!" Alex then told me I needed to simmer down, you know, since we were in Cracker Barrel and all. Then I got all teary eyed. Teary eyed over a tooth. Totally justified seeing as how it's my last baby's first tooth! Of course, then I realized I was acting like my mother and got myself under control. I tried to get a picture of the tooth but Charlie clamped his mouth shut every time I snapped the picture. So, you'll just have to settle for these adorable picture of our little boy!

8 comments:

Kelli W said...

Great pictures!! Yay For Charlie's first tooth!!! We are waiting on a first tooth too...I don't think it is every going to break through!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Awww...already?

I keep thinking we are getting one, but then I looked back at Izzy's pictures and she had her hands in her mouth at the same age and didn't get her first tooth until 11 months!

lsnellings said...

That is so great! And so sad at the same time! Does Alex realize that you are going to get teary at every miniscule thing charlie does for the rest of his life simply because he is the last?

Jen said...

Aw, so cute!

Momisodes said...

Aww, so sweet! Those are adorable shots.
Guess that smile will no longer be all gummy!

Pam said...

Aww, that's kinda sad! That means he's growing up right before your very eyes. Remember I told you how impressed I was that he could sit unassisted at barely 5 months old. He's an advanced little guy, now isn't he!

Erin said...

I remember trying to get my daughters fist tooth in a picture! it was not a pretty site!

heidi said...

Yay for teeth!!!

Boo for nursing babies with new teeth! Yeowch! ;-)