Thursday, March 5, 2009

PSF - cars!

My son Jack loves cars. He fell in love with them right around age 2. In fact, motorized vehicles and anything John Deere are his favorite things even today. When he was about two he started to collect them. Well, actually, he didn't collect them as much as people knew of his great love for cars and just couldn't seem to come visit him without bringing him cars or take him somewhere without letting him get a new one. Really, could you resist this face?
He would spend all day racing his cars, organizing them according to color, or make, or model, parking them in amazingly organized "parking lots". He would make "caw-ca-wree-ers" (car carriers) by stacking one car on the top of the other.
Here is a car carrier up close.


We also started making shapes with our cars. (That's Melody in the bumbo around 3 or 4 months of age.)

The other day Jack was sharing his cars with Melody, (shocker, I know) and apparently the love of cars is genetic. She said to me, "Look, Mama! I fix da cahs!" I looked over and...yes, car organization had started. She has been obsessed with organzing her cars by color ever since. At least today she was doing it wearing her Princess Aurora dress! With this kind of influence on Charlie I can only imagine the cars that are in my future!


PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


18 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Awww...sharing hobbies and toys. So sweet.

I'm sure Charlie will be wearing a Prince Charming costume while playing with his cars!

Michelle said...

That is an impressive car collection!

Wayne said...

well I'd say he really likes cars lol. I must admit I have never seen so many toy cars at once.

Great photo friday

Chris said...

Call me crazy, but I love it when kids obsess about things.

Pam said...

That is SO funny. Jack is really meticulous about his cars. And the car carriers...that's genius!

lsnellings said...

I think it is so funny that the cars are always perfectly straight! Jack and Libby are going to have the most immaculate house someday!

Amy - AKA - TigerMommie said...

Love the pics...........And yes, my TigerBoy is totally crazy about cars and trucks. At not quite 2.5, he's already got a huge bin full. Plays with them every day.....

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

That is awesome! I love the photos of jack laying in front of them. And making things out of the, like the house, that's cool too! Great ideas! It's got to be wonderful that they already have a common interest at such a young age. Maybe they will go into business together. lol!

Shellie said...

What fun! Like the double deckers!

Kelli W said...

Cute!! My boys love cars too!! The car carriers were really funny!! And I loved the house...I never thought of making shapes with cars, my boys always make 'parking lots'. I didn't realize how similar your kiddos look to each other until I saw that first picture of Jack...it looks just like Melody!

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

My boys used to do that too. And John Deere! My son has a John Deere bedroom!

Jennifer said...

Aww he is adorable! I hope to have my own some day. Thank you for stopping my blog :)

Pdyrholm said...

that's just too cute ;-)
Maybe it's a guy thing but of course the cars has to be organized and he made sure to teach sister well.

but no... kids can do that look... no resisting on that one ;-)

Momisodes said...

LOL! That is too cute! That is quite a nice car collection.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I'm telling you - my guy and your guy would be BEST of pals. Mine is a nutter for all things with wheels too!

Maggie May said...

What a brilliant way to make a photo. Colour coordinating them and making pictures out of them. Very imaginative.

My grandsons were mad about trains! They still are , really.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Kids and cars! love your stories!

Holly said...

Your son and mine would get along great! At least, I guess, as long as they didn't have to share cars. :) So cute to see both your kids playing with them. We've also done the "car rainbow" and I was actually thinking about blogging that!