Monday, July 6, 2009

Friend Makin' Monday - Are you calling Ms Lauren?



It's Friend Makin' Monday and since Kasey it out of town on her awesome 35 day road trip, Kelli over at Outside my Kitchen Window is hosting today.
Kelli's topic for FMM is your best friend. Where did you meet your bff? and was it love at first sight? And what makes this person so special?

My BFF and I met at a Bible Study several years ago. When I graduated college, married, and moved to Atlanta, I joined a women's Bible study to get involved and make some friends. About a year later, in walks this new girl who says her name is Lauren and she just moved here after graduating from Alabama. I roll my eyes towards another close friend of mine and think something along the lines, "Alabama! I'll never be friends with her!" I'm glad I was able to get over it, because despite her bad taste in college football, Lauren rocks!

Since that day, we've been extremely close and sometimes it seems like we do everything together. When I was 8 months pregnant with my third child, and Lauren had just discovered she was pregnant with hers, my mother actually asked if we had some kind of contract or something saying we had to be pregnant at the same time! You would think given this.

Lauren has a fabulous fashion sense and has introduced me to the color purple. As she told me today, "how can you not love the color purple? It's the color of royalty!" We also share an obsession deep love of purses. She also introduced me to Twilight...come on, you can't find a better friend than that! There's not many things that she does that I don't do...in fact, don't be surprised if you find me using cloth diapers soon!

Lauren and her husband Brad have the same values as Alex and I. I know that when I come to her in need of advice or with a problem, shell listen and help me with a true Christian understanding. She's also one of the most honest people I know; she will always tell me the truth, even if it's not what I want to hear. She's also very trusting. In fact she trusted me with the biggest secret ever!

Since I have two boys and a girl and Lauren has two girls and a boy, I'm hoping we'll get lucky and find a match there somewhere! It would be great to not only have Lauren as a friend but also as a family member! I have brothers but no sisters, so my girlfriends have always been important to me. Lauren is the the sister in my life. Despite the miles between us, we are fortunate to see each other on a relatively regular basis. And when we're not together we're probably chatting on the phone. In fact, frequently when I pick up the phone to make a call, one of my children will ask, "Are you calling Ms. Lauren?"

This photo was taken at the 2007 Auburn/Alabama game. It is one of the few photos we have where neither one of us are pregnant. Lauren is holding Jack, who was 3, and I'm holding Melody was about 10 months old. (I got pregnant with Charlie the following month!)

12 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Aren't y'all just the cutest?

Bren said...

I read Lauren's post too and both are just so sweet and sincere! What a wonderful gift you both have in each other!

Momisodes said...

You guys are so sweet. I just love the photo of you all!

Chrissy Thomas said...

Great photo of you and your bff!

Happy FMM!

Erin said...

What a cute story!! It is great to have some best friends! Sounds like you two are perfect best friends! And introducing you to twilight makes her that much better :)

J.J. said...

I love that photo of you guys!!! That is awesome that you became friends..even after that unfortunate college choice thing. :)

Nice to meet you. :) Happy FMM!

woman who roars said...

I love reading about your friends and it is so great to hear how this friendship has stood the test of time, distance and college choices!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Wow, that's some serious college-rivalry, book judged by the cover! LOL! So glad you gave eachother a chance. Your children are gorgeous!
Thanks for stopping by to visit. See you next FMM?
:)

lsnellings said...

Wow! Lauren does rock! You are so blessed to have a friend like her! She will make a fabulous MIL for Jack some day!

Kelli said...

You two are just too cute. I love how you judged her...right there in Bible Study and then got over it. Funny. Sounds like a great friendship.

John Deere Mom said...

You two are too stinkin' cute!!

Kelli W said...

What a great story!! Lauren sounds like a wonderful friend. I have a friend that I went to high school with, two of our boys are the same age and we tried to be preggo at the same time with our last {it didn't quite work out though}!