Monday, July 6, 2009

headed out of dodge

We are on our way to Resort Mitchell for our annual trip with my friend Stephanie. I look forward to this trip every summer. Stephanie (and her husband, Scott) are godparents to Jack and Alex and I are godparents to their son, Robert. A few years ago the Maceks moved to Dallas. Since then a gathering in Jackson has been our consistent opportunity to get together. (You know, I will never forgive my friends who move away! You know you who are.)

We have had a great time getting together every summer!

Over the past few years our families have grown quite a bit. This is 2007 with Rober (10 months), Jack (3) and Melody (6 months).



We both had babies in 2008...just 5 days apart!


It will be interesting to see what this year's "vacation" is like with 5 children ages 5 and under!

Oh, and in an effort to keep the chaos down as much as possible (yeah, right!) I did ask my mom to please put away the walker!

13 comments:

Kelli W said...

I hope you have a fun trip!! I love that first picture with all the naked baby booties!! SUPER cute!

Summer said...

Sounds like fun!! Hope you have a blast with your friends!

-Summer

lsnellings said...

Sorry for moving away! Have fun with Steph! (If I don't bring my kids, can I come to Resort Mitchell too!)

Carrie said...

That sounds like a great time...chaos and all! Can't wait to see pics! Enjoy!

Erin said...

Cant wait to see pictures from this year! That top picture is just way tooo cute!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Have fun! Seeing friends and vacations are the best parts of Summer.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Have a great time! Enjoy seeing your friends.

Jen said...

I hope that you have a fabulous time.

Kelli said...

Sounds like a great getaway. Lauren wrote some really nice things about you on her blog.

Lins said...

Adorable pictures, my dear! Have a great time and good luck!

Anonymous said...

How fun!! Hope you guys have a great time, and I can't wait to see pictures.

Heidi Boos said...

Hope you have a wonderful time!! Looking forward to lots of pictures of your fun vacation with friends.

I just read Lauren's story about you and her being BFF. So cute! I didn't know you were that close!

Momisodes said...

Aw, sounds like a very special friend. I love all of the pics! Hope you're all having a wonderful time :)