Sunday, July 19, 2009

teeth, baseball, and wedgies

Here's just a bullet post of a few interesting things going on in the Powell household.

Charlie has just sprouted tooth number 8! Not eve
n 10 months old, he's got four on the bottom and four on the top right now. Here he is (reluctantly) showing them off.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We went to yesterday's Braves game with some friends from our Sunday School class. Alex and I have managed to go a few every year since we've lived here. Jack has gone a few times
and this was Melody and Charlie's first experience. Highlights include singing Take Me Out to the Ball Game at the seventh inning stretch and eating hot dogs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Along with potty training comes the one hazard of wearing panties, wedgies. Melody experienced her first wedgie the other day.

She came running in the room saying, "Dere's some-pin wong wif me! Dere's some-pin wong wif me!"

"Where?" I ask.

"On mah fannie!" she said.

Sadly, Melody has been blessed with the Sim's bottom, so wedgies are just going to be a part of life for her!


17 comments:

Bren said...

You crack me up! Her poor little fannie! I try to imagine it in her cute little southern accent! I even read it to my husband because he thinks Melody is so cute! Yeah for baseball!!! Hope the kids had fun (and you are brave for taking all three!)

Twisted Cinderella said...

LOL too completely cute!

Erin said...

Oh My gosh she is just so darn cute! I love how you talk like her and we get to think its actually her ha ha! So cute

What a fun day at the braves game :)

lsnellings said...

EJ is going to have that problem too!

Amy - AKA - TigerMommie said...

Sooooo cute! Makes me think of TigerBoy yesterday at the park. They had this slide that was all rollers. He was rubbing his behind each time after getting up!

Love the Red Sox shirt.......considering you were at a Braves game!

Jen said...

man, even the new pantie wearin' booties aren't safe. Mean wedgies.

Kat said...

Hahaha! Awww. Welcome to the world of wedgies. ;)

woman who roars said...

the pictures of Melody's ah...problem and Charlie's teeth are priceless! You are so good about keeping your camera on hand for those special moments ;-)

schwadette said...

Hi Emily! Thanks for checking out my blog :). Wedgies are the WORST - my daughter (she's 7) complains ALL the time of them... DRAMA! Jealous you're so close to water!!!! :)

Kelli W said...

Ohmygoodness! That has to be the cutest wedgie ever! Eli is working on some teeth too....but he only has 6 right now! Cute pics from the baseball game. We are planning on taking the boys to a minor league game in a few weeks.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

We are still holding strong at 2 teeth.

And, that wedgie is hilarious.

Marty said...

LOL...too cute. Baseball and teeth are fun too.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Bless her heart! :)

Anonymous said...

On mah fannie!" she said

I sooo wish I could use that phrase without causing alarm, but I am 44, so....

I found you thru Tropic of...
~Mary

Kelli said...

She is so cute, wedgy and all. Poor thing. We started training today, but I'm not sure my Caleb is ready. I love going to baseball games. We only have the minor league here but they just built a new stadium so we hope to make it.

Rachel said...

Is it bad that I laughed about the wedgies? I love how she told you about it! Poor kiddo though. Love her tan lines - she is adorable! :)

Heidi Boos said...

Hi Emily,

I'm so far behind in checking up on you...by like 10 posts!! This was my favorite post by far because of Melody's wedgie. ;) When Mikayla first started wearing panties, she would always say to me "up the crack". Oi...Mikayla has been "blessed" with buns, too. Bummer deal.

I read that you're having a bit of a time with the potty training. Hang in there and if you feel like you need a break, that's OK. She'll get there...wedgie and all. ;)

Hope you're doing well!