Friday, July 3, 2009

a little bit of family time

Earlier this week the kids and I went down to Grandma Dede's for a little family get together. Grandma Dede is my grandmother and the kids' great-grandmother.

We met "Aunt Mimi" and some cousins down there for lunch and a day of swimming.

Charlie had a blast with Aunt Mimi in the pool!
Jack was happy to spend some time with cousin Lorelai.
And Melody was determined to stay afloat at all time.
Most importantly the kids' were able to spend some time with their Grandma Dede. I have many fond memories of summers spend at Grandma and Granddaddy's house and I'm glad my children are fortunate enough to know their great-grandma.


7 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Fun times! You are so lucky she is close enough to drive to.

lsnellings said...

How fun!

Bren said...

Miss Melody is NOT going down! So cute!

Rachel said...

How very sweet! I too had a wonderful relationship with my great-grandmother growing up. What a blessing!

Kelli W said...

I love that last picture! Everybody just looks so happy! Melody looks so cute in her little bathing suit! Eli has the same hat the Charlie has on...gotta love Target!

Pam said...

That is so SWEET! Oh how I wish my grandmother was still living. She just loved all of her grandkids. Caroline doesn't really remember much about her and poor Ellis wasn't born until after she passed away. You're so lucky to still have her and be able to go visit. And she looks like she's in great shape to be a great-grandma!

Amy - AKA - TigerMommie said...

Looks like such wonderful times.......My grandmother always wanted Great Grandchildren, but didn't live long enough for them.....I would love for her to still be alive to meet TigerBoy!
We just had some great family times today though......