Saturday, July 25, 2009

the power of shoes

My mom is the greeting card queen; she's always on the lookout for funny, appropriate greeting cards. As a result of her greeting card obsession, every once in a while, I will get one in the mail. Now, I am not a greeting card person. I mean, I like them and all but they're just not something I'm super into.

A while ago though she sent me one that really just put life in perspective for me.

This picture is on the front along with these words: Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.

(You may or may not know that I'm a Disney Princess fanatic. I even wanted to name Melody after Sleeping Beauty. Alex nixed that idea).

On the inside it says this (which is basically my person motto): It's further proof, my friend, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

True fact, my friends, true fact.

12 comments:

lsnellings said...

It has always been my motto that what's on your feet can change your life!

Erin said...

Love it! Did not know you where a Disney Princess fanatic! I love Disney as well!!

Amy - AKA - TigerMommie said...

Love it! I also love Disney.......Do you have a favorite Disney princess?

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

A very sweet card indeed.

Tina said...

How sweet of your mom....don't you love to get cards in the mail!

Come by my blog I have something for you.....

He & Me + 3 said...

My mom loves shoes and would totally agree.
What a cute card and a sweet mom you have!
I am following along now. #50

Kelli said...

Cool card! I love sending and receiving cards. Hallmark and I have a special relationship. That's sweet that your mom sends them to you.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Great card..and a princess indeed!

Megan R. said...

You are a woman after my own heart! I do love me some MAHVELOUS shoes!

Bethany said...

Haha...I'm not much of a shoe girl, but one of my coworkers would LOVE that. My sister too...and some of my cousins- seems I'm outnumbered! ;)

Kelli W said...

SUPER cute! I'm not a big shoe person....probably because my feet are huge! But I love some flip flops!

Summer said...

I think Aurora is a BEAUTIFUL name!!! I've actually thought about that for my own little girl someday...hahaha....

Love Disney....Love Princesses....Love shoes....All good things!

Happy Monday!

-Summer