Monday, January 5, 2009

on my mind

Ok, so I warned everyone in my first post that I would be voicing my opinion from time to time. It didn't take long and I'm sure I neglected to mention that I have an opinion on everything. However, this is just my opinion. I'd like to hear yours so please leave a comment.
What's on my mind today is the Obama children. I read this today. Given that the Obamas appear to be such supporters of all entities of the public sector, I wish I could say that I find this surprising, but sadly, I don't.
In Ohio, February 2008, Michelle Obama said, "We left corporate America, which is a lot of what we're asking young people to do...Don't go into corporate America. You know, become teachers. Work for the community. Be social workers. Be a nurse. Those are the careers that we need, and we're encouraging our young people to do that. But if you make that choice, as we did, to move out of the money-making industry into the helping industry, then your salaries respond."
Don't misunderstand me...I am certainly in favor of supporting the public sector as well as the private sector. However, if Michelle Obama is so into supporting the community shouldn't support of the public schools be near the top of that list? To me this is blatant hypocrisy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad the Obama's can't help better the public schools in D C which are some of the worst in the country.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. Messaiah hasn't gotten started yet. He's going to lay hands on the parents there and they'll suddenly give a damn. That will be is first miracle of 2009.

Lisa said...

I agree. Don't get me started!!!!!!!