Thursday, June 4, 2009

psf - happy birthday Jack!

My first little baby turned five today! Five.
It seems like such a large number. It's a whole hand!

It's hard to believe that five years ago our lives changed forever when we welcomed little John Marc into the world.

I thought he would never arrive, but after an impossibly long and painful a difficult labor, our little bruised, beat up guy arrived. He weighed in at 9lbs 4oz and 21 3/4 inches long (which explains that hard labor, no?) He was born at 8:42 p.m. which is exactly 5 years before this post published.

I love this picture of him. My mother-in-law took it and named it "Buddha". It's one of the few calm, zen moments in Jack's life.
(1 day old)

We brought him home and wondered what to do with him.
(4 weeks old)

Alex celebrated his first Father's Day two weeks after Jack's birth.
(2 weeks old)

And since that fabulous day in June of 2004, our little guy has brought all kinds of smiles to our faces. There are just so many things we love about this guy.(12 months old)

His adventurous spirit that's always full of energy
(2 years old)

his talkative nature
(almost 3)

is love of funny faces
(at his 3rd birthday party)

his love of all things truck and John Deere
(at his 4th birthday party)

his extreme, contagious silliness
(5 years old)

And these traits are just the tip of the iceberg on who Jack is.

Happy, happy birthday to our sweet, precious baby who's grown into such a wonderful boy. We love you more than we could have ever imagined. You make our hearts happy.

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


26 comments:

Wayne said...

I love the way you got all the stages of hi life so far. great photo friday.

Hey I was also wondering if you guys know any good jokes ? , if you do I would love for you to take part in my post on tuesdays called tell a joke tuesday?

Ryanne said...

Happy birthday to him. He seems like a cutie pie! Great story. It is so fun to go back and reminisce about when they were little!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Happy birthday, Jack!

Love the history of Jack in pictures.

lsnellings said...

So sweet! Happy birthday, Jack!

Chris said...

Buddha seemed so serene in the beginning. Happy 5th birthday dude!

That was a BIG baby -- our youngest was 9lbs 7oz, and she was four weeks early.

Anonymous said...

Happy whole hand birthday!! My daughter turns 5 on the 30th. It seems it's gone by in a blink.

Pam Emmons said...

Happy birthday! Awww! My oldest turns 6 in a few days! Yay for June birthdays!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

So fun!!! Happy Birthday Jack!!!

Kelli W said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK!! What a sweet post! I love that first picture...one of his few calm moments! He is such a cutie and I bet he is going to love holding up all five fingers to tell everyone how old he is!!

steph said...

OH, I so remember all of those pictures and miss Jack so much. Can't wait to see him in Jackson. I even miss him calling me Stephanie-nie =)
Have a GREAT day, hope you are feeling good with the wisdom teeth too.

Bren said...

Happy Birthday Jack! I love his funny face picture - he looks like he has LOTS of personality!

steph said...

OK, R wanted to see pictures on the computer so I showed him your blog and noticed in the picture of Jack in the dump truck that there is a beer bottle with a River West cooler, good times

steph said...

OK, R wanted to see pictures on the computer so I showed him your blog and noticed in the picture of Jack in the dump truck that there is a beer bottle with a River West cooler, good times

Steph said...

Awwww...how sweet!
Happy birthday to your sweet Jack!!!

Kat said...

Such a handsome little man!
Happy birthday to your big boy!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

How adorable! Happy Birthday little man, a whole hand!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

happy birthday to your adorable little guy! the years fly, don't they?

Twisted Cinderella said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful boy!

CC said...

Awww! Look at him grow, grow, grow!! My son can assure him that 5 is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day! 5 is a GREAT age! All my kids looked and look forward to that age!

Unknown said...

Those five years have just flown by haven't they! He is a cutie! Looks like he keeps you hopping! hope he had a great birthday!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Happy birthday to your little man! 5 years is such a short amount of time....

Casey's trio said...

What a great post! Happy birthday to Jack!

heidi said...

Happy Birthday to Jack!!!

Heidi Boos said...

Oh, Emily! What a sweet post. Sorry I didn't make it over to come say Happy Birthday on Jack's actual birthday, but I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating!! Mikayla (my first) was 9 lbs. 3 oz. and 22 1/4" long. So I feel your "pain"...although I ended up having to have her by C-section.

Holly said...

So fun to look back! I especially love the photo of the three of you. Hope he had a happy birthday.