Wednesday, June 17, 2009

oh, I'm so honest, er, honored...

to have this award bestowed upon me twice!

Thanks to new bloggy friends Goodbye Martha and Musing of Mommy Dearest for thinking I'm so honest. I sure hope I don't dro
p this! (haha, just a little Twilight humor.)Now, in order to honestly accept this award, I have to confess (I know, not again!) 10 things about myself.

I'm going to try and be really brutally honest this time...

1. I have always lied about my weight on my drivers license. Not by much though. Just enough to make me feel good.

2. In high school I threw an unsupervised huge bash small gathering that accidentally got way out of hand and got busted big time. After my parents calmed down a bit and weren't quite as furious with me my dad told me that he also threw a party in high school when his parents were out of town. This did not make me feel better. Just inferior.

3. I am not a big fan of women police officers. Sorry to offend anyone who is a police officer or does not feel this way. I think certain positions are great for women (like a detective or something) but it just doesn't seem logical that if some guy grabs my purse, runs and is then pursued by a woman that she's going to catch them. I just feel safer if I know a bunch of men are protecting me.

4. I have gotten not one but two speeding tickets at this one speed trap near my house. And, I kid you not, the cops sit in a Dunkin' Donuts parking lot! Literally the dude's partner came out of DD with a bag of donuts while the dude was writing me a ticket. No, neither of them were women.

5. I love that reality show Beauty and the Geek and am so bummed it's not on anymore. I also love Rock of Love with Brett Michaels. I also love Brett Michaels. And Stephen Tyler, but he's not on a reality show.

6. I still totally love to listen to Debbie Gibson and Tiffany.

7. I think my wedding is the best wedding I've ever been too.

8. I was a little, itty-bitty, teeny-tiny bit disappointed when I found out that Charlie was going to be a boy. Now, of course, I'm beyond thrilled with my two handsome boys and one adorable little girl and wouldn't change a single thing.

9. Sometimes I slouch and it totally drives me nuts but I cannot seem to get in the habit of always standing and sitting up straight.

10. I am so proud of myself for making this whole list without once referring to how much I love Edward. Oh, shoot, well, almost!

Whew! How's that for honestly?

Alright, here's 10 people I'm passing this award on to...that is if they are gutsy enough to accept!

Kelli @ Random Thoughts of a Supermom
Lauren @ Snellings Stories
Pam @ Twenty Little Piggies
Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings
Jen @ Buried With Children
Kat @ Seeking Sanity
Jill @ Sneaky Momma
Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious?
Carrie @ Martin Mannor Happenings
Mandy @ Idealist Meets Reality

Enjoy your award, girls! Y'all absolutely deserve it!

13 comments:

Momisodes said...

Congratulations on this well deserved award!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Me? Be honest? Hmm...I'll have to think about it.

BTW, I slouch, too, but haven't done anything about it!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Congratulations on your award! That's awesome!
Thanks so much for passing it on to me. Sweet!
I'm so glad I live in Texas where we do not have to put our weight on our drivers licenses. I definitely would lie, too. :)

Carrie said...

What a fun award...yikes, you mean I am honored, um honest, too! Ha ha! Thanks, this should be fun and maybe hard!

Your list is great! so funny ;)

Erin said...

Oh how fun!! I love awards!! Now I know a little more about you!!!

Shannon Strong said...

Loved your honest scrap=you had me giggling. No we are currently surviving on those side of the road finds...and I have added garage sales to that now as well!!! We hope soon...I might go nutty soon....seriously ;-) At least I am slowly getting back to my blog though...baby steps :-) haha. Things could be worse I suppose.

Kelli W said...

Congrats on the award! I love your list! The one about the speeding tickets and the cops at DD is hilarious! We watched Beauty and the Geek too....it was SUPER funny! Thanks for passing the award on to me! I don't know if I am gutsy enough to accept or not....I'll have to work on it!

Summer said...

Weight on your drivers license??? That's just pure madness...I would lie, too! I live in Texas...we just have height and eye color..(whew!)

And...I have to agree with you about the cop thing...I feel safer with men, too (sorry lady coppers..I appreciate you, too)

Have a wonderful week pretty girl!

-Summer

woman who roars said...

Oh the things i learn on your blog :-)

John Deere Mom said...

Love your honesty! And if I am ever in a serious car accident, no one is going to believe my driver's license belongs to me. Just sayin.

Krista said...

I love your Twilight joke at the beginning.
Are you a KStewart fan? Cuz I know lots of Twilight fans aren't.

Just curious. I happen to like her, but it took me a while cuz I don't like other women making out with my man!!!

Unknown said...

That's a great list! We always look for cops when we see a donut shop - we're mean that way! :) Don't we all fudge on our weight a little? :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for passing this award on to me! I will get to work on my list right away. Oh, and when I got my license renewed last July the older man behind the counter asked me if I was going to change the weight? Excuse me but I did weigh that 4 years ago and I've had 2 babies since then. Gah! I gave him mt best eat s#@t look.