Monday, June 8, 2009

friend makin' monday


This is my first week participating in Friend Makin' Monday over at All That is Good. Kasey has an adorable family and picked a fun topic for this week;

10 things I love about summer!

1. The heat. I know a lot of people love the AC more than the heat, but I can sit outside all day long! All I need is a gin and tonic, you know! I also love working out in the heat. Nothing feels better than coming back from a run drenched in sweat! And even if you didn't go very far, you're so hot, sweaty, and tired that you feel like you did!

2. The beach! You all know how much my family and I love the beach!!

3. The smell of sunscreen. Ahhhh, it reminds me of being at the beach!

4. All the cute clothes and fun shoes I get to wear.











5. Getting a pedicure. The shoes aren't nearly as cute if you don't have cute toes, know what I mean!?


6. Ice cream. When it's hot outside it's always OK to splurge on ice cream!

7. Time off from school. Now, it is only the beginning of summer, so I might regret writing this in a few days, but I do enjoy the flexibility we have. It's nice not to have to get up early every morning and rush to get Jack ready for school. I enjoying having my coffee on the deck while Jack and Melody fight over ride around in their Cozy Coupes and Charlie crawls around looking for dirt to eat.

8. Road trips. I wasn't crazy about our road trips when I was younger. Probably because my brothers were always bothering me (I know my mother is rolling her eyes right now!). But, I always had fun on road trips with friends in college and then with my husband. And now I even have a good time with my kids. Not long road trips with the kids...about 6 hours is my limit (which coincidentally is how long it takes me to get to my parents' house). We definitely use the DVD player but we also like car games and car dancing! And it's one of the few times that I bend the rules and let my kids eat in the car. (Yes, I'm that much of a neat freak.)

9. I love that is stays light out so much later. The summer Jack was born, Alex and I used to sit outside almost every night (for some reason, Jack was much less fussy outside), have a beer, and talk about the people we saw driving or walking by. Good times.

10. I love that we get to eat almost every meal outside. It's just nice to be outside and I also don't have to clean up my kitchen. (There's that neat freak in me again!)

Too meet some more friends at Friend Makin' Monday check out Kasey's blog!

18 comments:

Jessica said...

Great List!! I LOVE Friend Makin Mondays!! I cant believe I forgot about Ice Cream! Thanks for stopping by my blog! You have an adorable family :)

Brandi said...

Great Post. I love Road trips they are so much fun. I also love pedicures. Hope you are having a great Monday. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Kelli said...

I love the smell of sunscreen too! Nothing like it. I also love taking drives in the evening. Happy Summer!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Hmmm...best thing about summer? No work!

lsnellings said...

Move to Florida...it is eternally summer here!

More Than Words said...

I'm seeing a pattern, Emily! LOL!!

I think my list would pretty much be the same as yours!! Love that the kids could be outside all day!!!!!

Carrie said...

Love those cute shoes! I love those things too! The smell of sunscreen is the best! And grilling out!

Fun list!

Kelli W said...

Great list! I love that it stays light outside really late too...except on those days when I am exhausted and I want the boys to go to bed early!! They don't think it is bedtime if it is still light outside...even if it is after 8!

Karren said...

Great list! I also love the beach and the smell of sunscreen. During the winter I constantly burn my 'Sun & Sand' Yankee Candle because it reminds me of being at the beach. You should check out that scent, I bet you would love it too!

TuTu's Bliss said...

Very fun! Nothing beats eating outside. I hope you have great day. HUgs, Jen

Heidi Boos said...

What a fun list! That's so fun that you eat almost every meal outside. I really enjoy that, too, but we're in desperate need of a patio set! We sold ours at a garage sale last summer and haven't yet purchased a new one.

The summer (when it's actually sunny) always seems to put me in a better mood. Just being able to go outside and play is one of the best things. I've really enjoyed just sitting on the front porch reading a magazine while the kids play in the front yard. I could definitely get used to that.

Can you tell I was playing a little bit of catch up on your blog today? ;)

Lins said...

Welcome to the FMM bunch! You'll be addicted in no time flat! :)

Great list! Happy first FMM!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Great list.

I also am a big fan of the beach. We'll be going in August for a mini family reunion.

And I love ice cream. I actually eat that all year round but it tastes the best in the summer.

Jen said...

I have to agree with your love of fun shoes, pedicures and ice cream, especially ice cream. In fact I need to get some now!

Unknown said...

I thought i was weird to like the smell of sunscreen! So glad to know I'm in good company!

Unknown said...

mmm...The smell of sunscreen is wonderful isn't it? I thought I was the only one lol...looks like there are a few of us out there...thanks for stopping by for FMM!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Wonderful list! I was thinking tonight how great summertime heat feels at dusk. :)

John Deere Mom said...

I love all of your things too!!