Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Charlie's view

The other day, the kids and I were outside eating dinner. Well, Charlie and I were eating dinner. Jack and Melody were engaged in their favorite past time. They were bickering over everything. Who could take a bigger bite. Who made the biggest bubbles. Who was better at jumping. (In case you haven't figured this out, Jack was instigating all of this).

Their conversation would basically go something like this;
Jack: Melody, I can take a bigger bite than you.
Melody: No Jack. I take a bigger bite.
Jack: No, Melody, watch.
Melody: NOOOOOOOO I don't want to!
Jack: Mom! Melody's not watching me!
Melody: I don't want to, I don't want to, I don't want to!

You get it...

Charlie, however, was just cracking me up.

He looked from Jack

To Melody
All while calmly eating. It was like he couldn't understand why in the world they wanted to do anything other than eat. I kind of felt the same way.

13 comments:

Kat said...

Hahaha! That is so cute. I love that you have pics to go along with the story. So, so cute.

Gotta love that sibling rivalry. ;)

Kelli W said...

That sounds just like my house! My boys will bicker over anything! The other day on the way to church they were fighting over which finger was tall man and which one was pointer!! Eli just sits and stares at them when they fight too! Charlie is such a cutie!!

Heidi Boos said...

I can totally picture this!! Too funny!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Too funny...like watching a tennis match.

Love his turkey bib, too!

Erin said...

Ha ha that is funny! one day he will understand and join in on the table fights!!

woman who roars said...

that is so funny! You must have your camera with you all the time to catch this stuff!

lsnellings said...

That is so funny!!

Jen said...

that is just too cute. hopefully he stays this way and doesn't join in the bickering.

Anonymous said...

I just want to say hello. Browsing blogs. My nightly routine :O)

Carrie said...

So funny...look at that face! It won't be long before he's letting them bicker it out, while he's getting away with something...hee hee! He's too cute!

Bren said...

Just wait until he can join in on the fun! Too funny (and too cute!).

easy edges studio said...

he is just SOOO cute!!!! and i love his thanksgiving bib:)

Bethany said...

I see this happening in my head-- hehe! The two kids I nanny for bicker all the time too, that's really the hardest part of my job! Love Charlie's view!