Friday, June 5, 2009

2 years ago today...

My bloggy friend, Heidi at Blue Eyed Blessing tagged me to play in a little game.

What were you doing 2 years ago to this very day (or at least as close as you can get)?

Well, this is kind of a no-brainer for me and you can probably guess what I was doing especially if you read my last post!

I was celebrating Jack's 3rd birthday!

We had a pool party in our backyard and it was a blast!
Sweet little Melody was 4 months.

This picture just cracks me up (haha!). Jack showed crack the entire time, not just when he was bending over. I kept hiking his bathing suit up and it just kept slipping right back down. I finally just had to take a picture.
Opening a John Deere present. Do his friends know what he likes or what!?
Blowing out the candles on some birthday cupcakes. I thought I was pretty creative putting Swedish Fish on top of cupcakes for kind of a pool theme...then I joined the blogging world and I realized how creative some people really could be! *cough* *Heidi* *cough*!
I remember what a fun party that was. Just the right number of kids and everyone got along and had a good time. Our house went under contract that same weekend, and we moved into our current house just about a month later. Jack's 3rd birthday party was the last celebration we had in that house; the first house Alex and I bought together.

It's my job to tag a few people to play along now.

I'm tagging....

Lauren @ Snellings Stories
Amy @ In the Tiger's Den
Bren @ Life In Maggie's World
Pam @ Twenty Little Piggies
Jennifer @ JustBeeKoz

Share some memories and photos of that day two years ago and tag a few more friends to keep the ball rolling!
I can't wait to see what you all were up to!
Thank, Heidi, for tagging me. It was fun to reminisce.

12 comments:

Amy - AKA - TigerMommie said...

What fun! The time goes by so fast!........I just put up my pics from 2 years ago.....

The bum shot is priceless..........Looks like it was a fun party!

scrappysue said...

cupcaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakes!!! happy birthday jack

scrappysue said...

this time two years ago i was SICK in bed - and i missed out on doing a tonne of fun stuff that week!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a fun looking celebration.

Love the crack.

And, I'd dig the sweedish fish cupcakes.

Erin said...

What fun, i love looking back :)

Kelli W said...

Looks like a fun party! Ohmygoodnes your hair was LONG! That almost doesn't look like the you that I know from your blog! I love the crack picture! Too funny!
This was a fun tag!

Carrie said...

Oh, that is a great memory! I've been tagged to do this too! How fun! Thank you so much for stopping by...I'm following you now, Alex & Emily...so funny ;)

I love all your pictures and your sweet family...I've read down a few posts...and your red/polka dot outfit is super cute! LOL! And little boys in baseball uniforms are the cutest!

heidi said...

Look! Your hair is long!!!

Looks like a fun party. :-)

Dee said...

Yum! Now I want a cupcake!

Heidi Boos said...

This post just "cracks" me up! (Had to say it.) So glad that you got to relive some of the old memories through this tag! I bet it was fun for you to look back and see your old "stomping grounds". Love the Swedish fish idea on the cupcakes and just so you know...I may not have actually thought of that. ;)

2 years really does go by in a blink of an eye!

Lisa said...

Look how long your hair is! The one of Jack as a baby looks like you are SOOO young! (you were - haha).

easy edges studio said...

look how long your hair was!!!
i love it!