Sunday, June 14, 2009

busy weekend and some body art

We have had a pretty busy weekend. I should say I have had a busy weekend. Busy, you know, caring for my three children. My husband on the other hand, has been relaxing. Well, only if you call Happy Hour and then a friendly poker game on Friday followed by a fun wedding sans wife and children on Saturday relaxing. I do. Well, maybe not poker, but definitely the rest.

Despite our lack of Daddy time this weekend, the kids and I managed to have fun on our own. Jack and I went to a birthday party on Saturday. It was at a miniature golf course and Jack had a complete blast.

We used some of our free time to work on F
ather's Day presents as well as playing with markers.

Melody is a particularly big marker fan.
Body art is her specialty. Literally when she gets a marker the first thing she does is draw on herself. I cannot imagine why she finds this appealing and I can only hope tattoos are not in her future.

She made the hat herself as well.Hmmm, I guess I should just be thankful she doesn't lick them or something. Along with the marker fun, Melody has also finally mastered pedaling on her tricycle. This is something she has been working on for a while. And now that she can finally do it, it's all she wants to do. Literally, from morning to night, all I hear is "I wanna ride mah bike!" Unless of course I pull out the markers.

I have a video of said bike riding that I will post in a day or so. You won't want to miss it.

I also spent some time testing paint colors on the wall. We are having our family room painted this week. I am thrilled since
I spend a lot of my time in there and have never liked the wall color. It's currently a very boring beige that makes the room seem rather dark and dull. I have chosen a creamy yellow instead. I cannot wait to have it finished.

Last but not least we enjoyed a little time with Captain and P3 this weekend. We affectionally refer to P3 as p-parazzi in our family due to her extreme picture taking love of photography. She does take the best pictures and it's wonderful to know that my children's lives are well documented. Yes, I know I take a lot of pictures, but P3 is extrememely talented and has
an amazing camera. Her pictures basically rock. Jack, who is working on mastering the art of fine photography, wanted to put P3 in front of the camera for a change and took a few pictures for us. We posed per his instructions and he turned out to be a pretty good photographer.
When I commented on what a good picture he took and how good a photographer he is becoming, he responded with, "I'm good at everything now that I'm 5!"

8 comments:

woman who roars said...

Jack's picture is way better than 90% of mine. I need to go back to 5 so I can be good at everything too!!!!

Erin said...

What a great picture he took! What a fun weekend! We had a busy weekend as well but it was a great great weekend! Such amazing weather!!

Carrie said...

Wow, he's not lying when he said he's good! LOL! THat's a great picture, but too bad he couldn't be in it too!

Can't wait to see Melody riding that trike! I finally have Alex off his training wheels and there's no stopping him, either! It's like a new freedom for him!

So fun! Great pictures!

Bren said...

Love the body art! I have to hide all of the pens and markers in the house because it's the first thing Maggie goes for. You may be right about tattoos someday! I love how she is "admiring" her work!

Kelli W said...

We had a lack of daddy time too this weekend...and I am exhausted today! I love Melody's body art! SUPER cute! I don't give my boys markers very often...we stick to crayons! Jack did a great job with that picture!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Loving the body art...must have been some good washable markers because I didn't see a trace of it.

Jack is definitely a good photographer. Must be because he's 5!

CC said...

My 5 year old also thinks that 5 year olds rock. That is until he becomes 6 next month. Then I'm sure he'll change his mind about 5 year olds.

Amy - AKA - TigerMommie said...

Oh markers, what great fun! I'm so thankful that Crayola has such fabulously washable markers!.......great picture!