Monday, August 17, 2009

it's the post you have all been waiting for...

Here's the concert recap:
The concert was a blast. Unfortunately, I don't have any stories for you. I failed to take into consideration that this is a PG blog and the stories *ahem* are not.


I do, however, have many pictures.

Here we are tailgating at the concert. This was before we got really crazy!

You know, people watching is one of the best aspects of concert going.

We got to see all kinds of crazy people in all kinds of crazy get ups. And not all are strangers. The guy in the hat is our friend Brent. And the hot chick in the next picture is his wife, Mari.
Now, OK, the guy in the spandex. Seriously. It was horrible to look at but we just couldn't stop staring. There was a line to get your picture made with this dude.

TIME TO ROCK-N-ROOLLL!!!!!!
The music rocked. Cheap Trick started off and got us going. Poison followed and they were seriously kickin' it. Def Leppard was just awesome.


As you can see we're now getting just slightly crazy. Alex snagged the hat from Brent and I'm not really sure what I'm doing other than just singing at the top of my lungs with the other thousands of people at Lakewood.

Mari and Alex were rock stars themselves dancing to Def Leppard. Here's one funny story I can share. Mari dressed the part which included extremely high, er, um, hooker shoes. On our way back to the van, she kept getting little rocks from the gravel parking lot stuck in them and kept stopping. Finally, Alex couldn't stand it any more and just picked up Mari, (who is probably about 3 in
ches taller than Alex and about 8 countin
g the shoes) and carried her fireman style all the way to the car!


We had such a great time the whole time, but I have to say that my favorite part of the concert was swaying back and forth like cheesy high schoolers dancing with the husband to Every Rose Has Its Thorn. Nothing like hearing Bret Michaels sing a romantic ballad while dancing with a sexy man. Alex said that his favorite part was dancing to Pour Some Sugar On Me. But I think that's just because I let him cop a feel or two.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, in other news, our camera broke. I'm pretty sure it's a result of the camera being crushed in the pocket of Alex's jeans all night and/or being left on a blanket where whomever could have and probably did step on it.

Obviously with kids as cute as mine I can't be without a camera for took long. =P So, I am in the market for a new one.

Any advice? We had a P&S (Cannon PowerShot) and I'm not sure if I'm going to get another P&S or upgrade to a DSLR.

Do you have a camera you love? What kind of features should I be concerned with?

Thanks!

27 comments:

Lyryn said...

Awesome pictures. I laughed at all of them! Thanks for the birthday wishes!!! Don't worry, you don't look a day over 24!! ;)

Theta Mom said...

Bummer that your camera broke. But at least you had a ROCKIN' time! Awesome photos of you and the gang.

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Wow, looks like a great time!!! Thanks for sharing some photos of the crazy get ups, so hilarious!

I hope you can replace your camera soon. I really like our Nikon D60 and it's an affordable dSLR I think.

Jessica said...

Looks like so much fun! Sorry about the camera! I just upgraded to a DSLR a few months ago & LOVE it! I got the Nikon D5000. It is very easy to use & I really haven't found anything that I don't like about it...so far anyway, hopefully I won't!:0) Good luck!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Hee Hee! Got me laughing! I love that some stories are not PG! Looks like a great time was had!

Brandi said...

Looks like yall had a blast. I have a sony cyber shot and I love it but I really want a Cannon Rebel.

Anonymous said...

How fun, love all the crazy pictures!! Come on you have to tell the stories PG style!

lsnellings said...

So fun! Next time I am going too!

Erin said...

Love your night out at the concert! Glad you had a blast! I am sure Alex was glad he got to dance with you and get a few touches in there ha ha!!

I would say upgrade to a DSLR! Now is the time, no better then when your old camera breaks and it will be SOOO worth it!

Erin said...

Oh and get a CANON!!

Twisted Cinderella said...

Sounds like a great time! Sorry your camera broke! I have no camera advice but I will tell you that if I had my dreams come true I would own a Rebel XT!

Jen said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome time! I love all the photos.

Brandi said...

Man, it looks like y'all had a great time! I have a Cannon P&S too, I'd say go for it and get an SLR! :)

Angie said...

I recently got a Canon RebelXsi. I LOVE it and it is fairly easy to use. It takes amazing pictures. My husband picked it out for me and found it at a great price on some camera website. Good luck camera shopping.


I loved the fun pics from the concert...looks like there was some great ppl watching. The guy in the spandex pants had to be hurting just a little...arghhh.
H-Y-S-T-E-R-I-C-A-L!!!

Kelli W said...

Ohmygoodness! It looks like you had a blast at the concert! I think I am getting old...because the last thing Jason and I did without the kids was dinner and Target LOL!
I hope you are getting some good advice on cameras! I love my Nikon D40 but I have heard great things about the Cannon Rebel and the Nikon D5000.

Meant to be a mom said...

Looks like you guys had such a great time. I LOVE the mullet wigs on the guys in the pics. Those are awesome. I bet the concert was just great.

Carrie said...

So funny! I'm with Kelli RTSM, I'm getting old...I don't think I would've fit in with that crowd! But it really sounds awesome! You rock, mama! ;)

Sorry about your camera...but a good chance to hopefully upgrade! I use a Nikon D5000...and probably has awesome options, but I don't know what all of them are yet ;) there are so many choices! Have fun!

MOMSTAR said...

What a piss your camera broke!! The guy in the spandex is always a treat;) Glad you had a good time;) Concerts are always fun!! Thanks for visiting my blog, hope you enjoyed it;) How are your kids going to take pics with no camera?

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

What a night to remember!!!!

Sounds like you got to take the mommy hat off for a little bit. Good for you! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

THat stinks about your camera. Atleast you got the pictures you did. Looks like everyone had a great time. I use the Nikon D90 and love it. So many features.

Amy - AKA - TigerMommie said...

Great pics! Looks like it was a blast........

Sorry to hear about the camera....We just updated our camera...
If you can swing it, go for SLR....I had to go with less expensive, so I got a Canon A1100....I like using AA batteries. Once I get through my mess, I'll actually get a chance to try the new camera......it's buried somewhere....

Alex Powell said...

Ladies,

Please stop advising my wife to buy an expensive camera.

Thanks,
Management

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I like my Nikon D60....but there are tons of great P&S out there!

Alex is cracking me up!

Powell Kids said...

Deer other Mommies,

plees tel ower mommy to by a kamera for undr $150. We want to go to college 1 day.

Thank U,
Jack and Melody and Charlie

Lisa said...

I can't wait until Monday night when it's our turn to go! BSP actually bought Fan Club tickets. We're in the first 10 rows and get in before general population!! WooHoo!!
By the way, tell Management that I have a tiny little Olympus FE-330 bought from Wal Mart for around $100. Don't know if you're looking for a more professional type camera but I love it!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Hate Hair Bands, but love love love your pictures. (Cheap Trick isn't a Hair Band, so I would've stayed for that one...)
:)
I'm an Olympus girl as far as cameras...

Chris said...

THAT looks like a hell of a night! What fun!

Pouring sugar in the name of love is one of my favorite things to do -- I do it to my Rice Crispies every morning.

I just read that, and it didn't exactly come out the way I intended, but no regrets right?

Glad you had fun, and yes! Upgrade to a DSLR. Nikon, Canon or Pentax are all quality buys. (College is so over rated).

I want to hear the stories that cannot be told!