Tuesday, December 22, 2009

True Story Tuesday and what's that sound?



My True Story Tuesday this week is by request of Rachel, the True Story Tuesday genius over at Once Upon A Miracle.

The scene is one evening about 9:00, Alex and I are comfortably sitting on the couch watching TV engaged in interesting discussion.

Though our children have been asleep for well over an hour, we hear Jack's door open. We thinking nothing of it and just assume that he will use the restroom like he does most nights and then head right back to his room.

Now, the kids' bathroom is not too far from the stairs and if the door is open, it's relatively easy to hear what's going on in there. Sure enough, a few seconds later, we hear the unmistakable sound of, um, as Alex would say, "someone taking a leak."

Only it sounds loud. Really loud. Way too loud to be in the bathroom.

So, I walk into the hallway to peer up the stairs and see what's going on.

And I almost get peed on.

In his sleepy daze, Jack bypassed the bathroom completely and walked right over to the staircase. I'm assuming now, he was thinking about coming downstairs and telling us he had to go, but the urge got the better of him. He simply dropped his pants right there and took aim between the balusters. I have to tell you, it's quite shocking to walk over to the stairs and almost get hit in the face by a stream of pee.

By the time I pulled myself together enough to exclaim, "Jack!" he had already finished. He pulled his britches right up and headed right back to bed. Alex was totally cracking up. I have to admit I did giggle a little bit, but not as hard as Alex did. After all, I was the one that had to clean it up!

25 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, that is such a joy only a mother of a boy can have. Sounds like poor Jack was sleep walking...ahem...sleep peeing.

Kmama said...

LOL!! Did you get the inspiration from Heather's post last week too?? Rachel asked me to post mine after I left a comment on Heather's post.

I'm glad you DIDN'T get peed on!!

Jessica said...

Hahahaha you always have the best stories! Hope y'all have a Merry Christmas!

Summer said...

BHAHAHA! Oh my my...that is just too funny....glad you didn't get hit!

Kelli said...

LOL!!! That is so funny. That is not what I would have expected either, to have to watch out for flying pee. Whew, that God you were safe.

Foursons said...

Oh goodness, what is it with men/boys and not being able to find the bathroom? I think I would have made hubby clean it up though- seeing as how he was so amused by it all.

{Kimber} said...

how funny...well until the clean up!!
Merry Christmas!!!!

Kat said...

Hahaha!! Poor little guy must have been REALLY tired. I hope I would be as good natured as you were if it happened to me. ;)

Brandi said...

LOL! Thankfully, we haven't had any 'sleep-walking-peeing.'

Carrie said...

Oh my, what a sight! Poor Jack...good thing no one got 'injured'! haha! I use to sleep walk when I was little and my mom would find me somewhere different every morning! But, I don't think anything like that ever happend! Too funny!

Leiah said...

Once again all I can say is -- thank goodness I had a girl!

Angie said...

THAT is soooo funny!! I can't believe that happened. I needed a good laugh today...HA!

Meant to be a mom said...

HAHAAAA! Boys! I can't wait, JK!
But seriously thats too funny. I have two brothers and I have found them peeing in clothes hampers and trashcans at different times of the night when we were growing up. I think its common for them to sleepwalk and just go wherever. How funny.

He & Me + 3 said...

OMWord that is too funny. My son has always made it to the bathroom just misses the potty sometimes. LOL Glad it missed your face:)

Nocona said...

That is funny.

HeatherOz said...

TOTALLY LOVE that story! So glad so many are sharing bathroom posts! I'm going to try to sneak in another one before midnight!

Momisodes said...

Oh my! LOL :)

I'm so sorry. I would have been totally shocked as well.

SouthernDogwoods said...

How funny!! Little sleepwalker : )

Rachel said...

I think Heather started something... but OhMyGosh the stories just keep getting better and better and I'm just dying laughing (and you KNOW God is gonna get me for that and I'm gonna get peed on real soon here...)

Thank you SO MUCH for posting it - it was way funnier with all the details - and I'm real glad you didn't experience any (ahem) collateral damage.

Too funny that he just wandered off back to bed when he was done with his business!

Rachel said...

Tinkle Bells
Tinkle Bells
Tinkle all the way
Oh what fun it is to go
In a very sleepy way
HEY!

Kelli W said...

That is too funny! I'm with you though...I would hate to have to clean that up! So did you tell Jack what happened when he got up the next morning?

Chris said...

I've only been pee'd on once -- about ten minutes after Matt was born -- just his way of saying "Hello".

Holly said...

Um. Ew. You're a better woman than I am if you laughed!

Anonymous said...

hello Mrs. Emily...first of all it's really very amusing story...i can think ur a very gud mother....nw i want to make a request ...can v be frends.....?????

Amy - AKA - TigerMommie said...

Oh my.........so glad you didn't get hit!.....