Wednesday, November 25, 2009

snow or sand?


This is where were are celebrating Thanksgiving.

We walked outside and Melody exclaimed, "wook at all da snow!"

Too bad Charlie believed her. He was in for a surprise when he tasted that first mouthful. Yes, I said first.

Sorry for the poor picture quality. I forgot camera cord so I can't download any of my pictures. This is from my cell phone.

So far we are having a great time! We have played in the sand, eaten sand, collected shells, shoveled sand, and Melody has seen several whales.

No one else has seen whales, but we have seen dolphins. Jack had a special treat yesterday; he went sailing and enjoyed a dolphin show up close.

Today we're expecting more beach fun and lunch at our favorite place, Bud and Alley's. We will be attempting to take a family photo for our Christmas card this afternoon. I'm prepared with many bribes so let's hope we get a good one!

16 comments:

Kmama said...

Where are you at? I want to walk in the sand!! It was cold and raining (pouring!) out this morning when I came into work. I'd do anything to slip my feet into some sand.

He & Me + 3 said...

So cute. Have a great time. I love Melody's exclamation! so sweet

Kelli said...

I want to eat sand...well not really but the option would be nice because then that would mean I'm at the beach. And dolphins!!!! My favorite. Enjoy!

Summer said...

Have a blast!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Carrie said...

So fun! I know you will get some cute pictures! ENJOY! Happy Thanksgiving! {I'm jealous...we have snow flurries in the forecast tonight!}

Angie said...

Happy Thanksgiving and good luck with the Christmas picture!

Meant to be a mom said...

Hah, snow! How cute is that!!!
I hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Jen said...

Wow what a beautiful place to spend thanksgiving. I hope that you have a great time!

woman who roars said...

Have an amazing time!!! I wish we were in the sand....with whales!
Can't wait to see the picutres :-)

Lyryn said...

What a great thanksgiving! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Foursons said...

Good luck with those photos, I can't wait to see what you get!

Holly said...

Yay! Cuties. That sand looks like the Florida panhandle. Wherever you are, hope you have fun!

scrappysue said...

i thought it was snow too! - but them i'm like 'the kids have bare feet and it's november!!!'

only florida has sand that white and those photos are awesome - cellphone be damned!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Oh no! A mouth full of sand but what an oh so cute picture it made! He is a doll!

Amy - AKA - TigerMommie said...

Still eating the sand, eh?..........he's too cute!

Kelli W said...

Thanksgiving at the beach sounds great! I love that Melody thought that the sand was snow! Too cute! And Eli would be right there with Charlie sampling all the yummy sand! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!