Thursday, November 5, 2009

PSF and talk talk talk

My kids are talkers.

Ok, Charlie doesn't talk yet, in English anyway, but believe me, he definitely contributes to the noise level.

Melody and Jack however cannot. stop. talking. They mostly talk at the same time about completely different things which means the noise level at my house is comparable to the airport. Anyone who's been here can attest to that fact.

However, living with talkers does means that I get to hear some pretty funny stuff.

The other day Jack was counting for a long time. "Jack, how high can you count?" I asked, hoping that he would only say 30 or so.
"I can count to ten hundred," he answers very matter of factly.

Jack coming back in the room after brushing his teeth, "Whew. I am exhausted! I brushed every tooth!"

Jack's class went to the dairy last month. On the ride home, he was telling me about how they saw a cow get milked. "It was a girl cow," he said, "Her name was Rose."
"Oh, how did they milk her?" I asked.
"Well, they hooked up this big machine to her gutters."

He also told me how excited he was go get a break from all his school work to go on the field trip. "Day before day, we always work!" he exclaimed.
"You mean, day after day?" I asked.
"Oh, yeah!" he said.

*************************************************

As Melody's teacher was buckling her in the car last week, Melody was playing with the buttons on the teacher's shirt. "I like your buttons," said Melody
"Thank you," said Teacher.
"I like your boobies too," said Melody.

We received Rice Krispie Treats as a party favor from a very fun birthday party we attended over the weekend. When we got home, Melody showed her's to Alex and said, "Look! I got Christmas treats!"

Melody loves oatmeal. She has been asking for it a lot. Today, after I dropped Jack off from school she said, "Mom, you go make some oatmeal and I'll eat it all up! Isnt' that a great idea?!"

And her latest obsession: ghosts. "A ghost says boo (sounds like she simply blew out a puff of air) and it scares you and then you run."

*************************************************

Along with all this talking, we've also been doing a lot of jumping, frolicking, and falling...it's finally Fall here! After weeks of looking at everyone else's beautiful fall foliage, I'm happy we finally have some of our own.





Would you believe this is the best picture I got with the three of them? I couldn't sit Charlie down, move back, and snap the picture fast enough.


I'm very flattered that Cecily asked me to co-host with her this week. If you haven't been over there you should definitely stop by. Her creative talents are far superior to mine and, with three adorable muses, she has lots of great blogging material.

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Emily


To play PhotoStory Friday, check this. Copy this code into your post and sign Sir Linky:



38 comments:

Bren said...

Oh my gosh - did Melody's hair go on a growth spurt or what? I only get to hear one "talker" go on and on - can't imagine three of them going at it!

lsnellings said...

It really doesn't surprise me that Melody said she likes her teacher's boobies! You should have titled this one diarreha of the mouth!

And why didn't you tell me you were co-hosting PSF this week!?

Brandi said...

I am so slow... I'm reading and thinking what the heck does PSF stand for?! Duh... I got it.

Great pics! We have no fall foliage yet, but my dad did call me this a.m. to tell me there's a hurricane that may be coming into the Gulf early next week. Nice.

I'm with you on the talkers whew. My ears hurt every evening about this time. ;)

Foursons said...

What was the teacher's reaction to Melody liking her boobies? Bawahahahaha!

Great quotes- your kids are full of character!

imbeingheldhostage said...

That cracked me up! What kids come up with.
I love how you did the trio composition layout and then the one with all three in this post. Very cute idea.

Kat said...

Haha! What kids come up with. Keeps life interesting, doesn't it? :)
Adorable pictures!

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

LOVE the pictures! And I feel your pain trying to get a good picture of all three kids...it is IMPOSSIBLE!

Jen said...

OOoooo, look at you miss co-host. That is so cool.

And you think that noise in your house is bad, you should come to my house. Better yet, maybe we should have a who's house is nosier contest. Winner get to go to the quiet spa.

Kmama said...

Your kids are just too cute. Great pictures by the way, even if Charlie wasn't sitting down.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What is it with boobies? Izzy said "my boobies are almost bigger!" What the heck?

I haven't done any fall pictures and I'm having a feeling I missing my shot.

The kids sure do look cute.

scrappysue said...

don't you love how honest kids are! enjoy your co-hosting! your kids are adorable!

Carrie said...

Oh, Melody is great! She could say anything and look cute and it wouldn't even matter :) Hilarious! Emily still says Rice Christmas treats! I hope she always says it ;)

Great pictures, I love all the leaves, so FUN!

Michelle said...

My kids crack me up on a daily basis with the funny things that they say. I think that they need to our we might be compelled to sell them. :)

Thanks for co-hosting.

latree said...

wow.. funny talkers!

hey, congrats for being the co host for this week :D

Angela said...

Love the kids in the leaves! We have plenty of leaves here too.

SouthernDogwoods said...

I love the button/boobies one! Ha! Your kids are adorable. Great fall pictures

Kelli said...

LOL!!! They are so adorable. I love the "day before day" story. Those pictures of them are so cute.

Summer said...

I LOVE hearing all the hilarious things that come out of the mouths of children! Such raw honesty and innocence! Awesome!

And, Melody saying that she liked her teachers boobies...OH. MY. GOSH! I BURST out laughing here at my desk!!! HAHAHA!!

Steph said...

How funny! I have extreme talkers too...oh the things they say!
They are adorable!

Maggie May said...

Great pictures and I had to chuckle about the teacher's boobs & buttons incident. Children are so naturally honest and we wouldn't really want it to be otherwise!

Nuts in May

Heidi said...

Your house sounds like mine. But instead of talking its usually screaming at each other.
Your post had me cracking up! I loved it!!!
Your kids certianly have a way with words. I am so excited that you got to be the co-host this week! I love your blog!
Anyway, if you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at Cake Crumbs.

Cecily R said...

I LURVE your talkers!! And I love that you write it down or remember it all so well. They will LOVE to read about how stinkin' cute and hilarious and smart they were in a few years.

I want to know what Melody's teacher had to say about her boobies too...I think I would swallow my tongue to keep from laughing if a kid said that to me (especially one as cute as she is)!

Oh, and P.S. I think rice Christmas treats is what we will call them here from now on.

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

yay for Cecily huh?? I agree I love the 'action' shot with all three of them!!!

Unknown said...

Love all the chatter! Kids are amazing with the way they say things. And love the fall pics too. Thanks for sharing!

Chris said...

Emily! Great to see you co-hosting this week. I love your little stories here. Some of the funniest things I've ever heard have come from the mouths of my children.

I once tossed a band aid into the toilet, and didn't flush it down. My son came stumbling in, all sleepy eyed, and apparently did not look before he sat, but evidently looked afterward, as we heard a confused and apprehensive cry coming from the bathroom: "MOM!..........I just farted a band aid out of my butt!"

puna said...

Very sweet Emily. Enjoy it now! When they become teenagers they aren't as chatty to their moms, sigh.

Honey Mommy said...

My kids are talkers too! I love it when they say funny things!

Getting a picture of more than one kid is nearly impossible.. unless they are older, or you have help! Believe me, I know!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I love the funny things kids say! Your kids are pretty funny! Great fall shots. we had summer one day and fall the next. it got so cold in one day that most of the trees let go their leaves BEFORE they even turned:(

Kelli W said...

Henry is the talker at our house! He seriously. never. stops. talking. I think I tune him out a lot because he is always talking lol! I love that Melody told her teacher she like her boobies...hilarious! And all three kiddos look adorable playing in the leaves! Fall is sort of here to...but we only have a few small trees...so no leaves for us to jump in here!

Amy - AKA - TigerMommie said...

Oh, that's great! I love what children come up with. I just put up a post about some of the things TigerBoy said recently........

Jean Stockdale said...

One never knows what a kiddo is thinking!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I love to meet new moms online! You should like a neat family.

We have had a lot of rain here and so a warm sunny day was just the ticket. Our son and dil brought the baby grand over in his Lion King costume. He was not crazy about the hood but we managed to get some good shots.

Blessings.

JennyMac said...

the boobies comment made me laugh out loud!

They are TOO cute Emily.

CC said...

"I like your boobies too,"

bwhahahaha!!!!!

I wish I'd written down more of my kids "sayings" when they were smaller :(

CC said...

"I like your boobies too,"

bwhahahaha!!!!!

I wish I'd written down more of my kids "sayings" when they were smaller :(

Theta Mom said...

Love the quotes and the pictures!!!

Rachel said...

Oh how insanely cute!

That is one of the things I totally miss... not being able to catch all those funny little things Itty Bit says. I'd definitely live with the airport noise level to hear all those cute things!

*still chuckling!*

Jessica said...

I am still cracking up at Melody's comment to her teacher! Hilarious! I can't wait til Riley starts talking in complete sentences. I love to hear the things kids say!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

hahaha! I swear, you never know what kids are going to say.:)

And I love the pics. Lollipops and leaves - what could be more fun than that?