Sunday, September 13, 2009

vacation and swimming

While you are reading this, I am sitting on a beach such as this, sunning myself next to my husband.
We each have one of these.
We are in Cancun for a little belated Anniversary trip while Grammy and Granddaddy watch the children for the weekend. This is our first trip in over 4 years that we've taken without any children (either externally or in utero). We are pumped!

Thank you Grammy and Granddaddy!! I know we will have a great time and I hope you do too!

************************************************
I have been wanting to post these pictures for a while, and since I'm out of town, I figured this would be the perfect time.

Jack is a child that loves the water. As long as nothing above his neck gets wet. As you can imagine, teaching him to swim has been quite the challenge. We have been really working with him all summer and given him lessons as well.

I'm proud to say he's now a full fledged swimmer and I have the photos to prove it! Way to go, Jack! He's really grown up in so many ways this year. 5 is just an amazing number for him.


For the record, that's not his beer on the side of the pool!

22 comments:

Bren said...

I hope your vacation is absolutely wonderful! Good for you for getting away from it all.

And Yeah Jack! Super Swimmer!

Foursons said...

Wow, have a great weekend! And it's a good thing you cleared up the beer can. I was ready to call CPS.

Brandi said...

I hope you are having a wonderful vaca and thanks for rubbing it in all of our faces that you are off on a beach somewhere having peace and quiet without the kids! ;)

Kmama said...

Have a great time on your vacation! I love Cancun. It's about time for a return trip. Buddy's been twice, but we haven't yet taken Buster. Hmm, maybe next winter!!

Way to Go Jack!! Awesome pics!!

lsnellings said...

COME HOME!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

i hope that you are having an awesome time. Cute pictures. Glad that it wasn't his beer.

Angie said...

Yay for a vacation! I hope you are having a ball :)

Bethany said...

Enjoy the vacation!!!!

Summer said...

Yeah...I never pegged Jack as the Miller Lite type....he always seemed like a Budweiser man to me.....

Kelli W said...

I hope you are having a great time! Way to go Jack! We were so excited that Henry learned how to swim this year too!

Hit 40 said...

Five is a wonderful year!! I also enjoy the first year of school. So many changes when they go away all day...

the kids really grow up! Your vacation looks wonderful.

heidi said...

Must you rub it in?! SO rude.

;-)

Hope you guys had a fabulous time and that you don't come home all knocked up and stuff. ;-)

Way to swim, Jack!

scrappysue said...

so not fair, but so happy for you - happy anniversary!!!

Amy - AKA - TigerMommie said...

I'm so happy to hear about the vacation! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy......and happy anniversary....

Swim on, Jack, swim on!

Jennie said...

Okay. I'm jealous. Even though it's 7:57 am, I wish I could be on a beach, sipping a beer and relaxing :)

Meant to be a mom said...

How fun, Have a fabulous time.
That looks like so much fun!!!

Kelli said...

What wonderful grandparents! Hope you are having an amazing time. I'll look for pictures when you get back, but no pressure or anything.

Brandi said...

Have a great time. I sure wish I was there too.

Theta Mom said...

OMG! I am sooooo jealous! I need a vacay with the hubs. Enjoy every moment!

Shannon Strong said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your vacation-as you should! I see now {I am a little behind in blogland lately} that you are in Georgia! I am in Cumming, GA-not far from Atlanta at all! After the disastrous Florida relocation, we decided GA suited us better as my mother, Brother and family are here...so this is where I am now! I know, quite the gypsie. You have to give me directions to that very cool water sprout place...I will have to take Brayden. BTW-Loved the Beer Foam paint story-cute.

woman who roars said...

I hope the trip was AMAZING!!!! And I'm so impressed by Jack - Gwen is just starting to be ok with water on her face :-\

Kat said...

That is awesome!!!! I am so happy for you (and only a little jealous)!
Have a wonderful vacation!!! :)