Thursday, September 10, 2009

PSF and more Auburn football

This week Cecily has teamed up with Lolli at Better in Bulk and together they have brought Photo Story Friday to a new dimension.


I know there's actually nothing amazing about this picture.


I'm just really not that great a photographer.

(Although I would be if I had a better camera and learned how to do things with it that include using vocabulary words such as lens, shutter, and apertures.)

I took this picture in September 2008. It was the first Auburn game of the worst season ever season and I was 9+ months pregnant with Charlie.

However, we are on week two of a new season with a new coach and Auburn is undefeated (yes, I am aware we've only played one game, but undefeated is undefeated) so I just had to post a football related photo!

I did actually edit this picture a little bit using all the limited knowledge great Picasa skills I possess.

For me, it's the emotion and sentiment that I love about this image.

Auburn football and tailgating during football season is one of the first traditions Alex and I began as a couple after we were married. Alex is fortunate enough to go to the majority of home games and the kids and I tailgate frequently and attend at least one and so
metimes two games each year.

When I look at this picture:
  • I think about how much Jack loves to wear his football gear.
  • I think about walking to the stadium singing our fight song and cheers and how, for most of the season, it's usually hotter than hell, but we don't care and we're just having a blast.
  • I think about how Melody is getting older and more into it as well. She loves wearing her cheerleader outfit and chants right along with us. Charlie's clapping along too and it won't be long before Alex is teaching him how to catch a football.
  • I think about how much we love our university and how we spend a lot of the tailgating time just talking about college experiences and telling and re-telling stories.
  • I think about how much I love to go back to Auburn every year where each fall we meet up with old friends who we haven't seen since the previous fall.
  • And despite the fact that I do not like to think of my kids growing up in any fashion, I think about how much Alex and I want them to go to Auburn too so we can keep this tradition going!
We have our first conference game this week when we play Mississippi State.

Unfortunately, I'll miss the game.

Fortunately, I'll be in Cancun on a romantic vacation with my husband and probably won't be thinking about football. Hopefully he won't be thinking about football either.




PhotoStory Friday


Hosted
by Cecily and Lolli

30 comments:

Wayne said...

I think it is a awsome picture and I love the tiger tail. Great photo friday

Cecily R said...

It's a perfect picture. It conveys exactly the message you want it to, and I love that it makes you think of so many great memories. Honestly, what could be better than that?

Foursons said...

I love this photo with the tiger tail! Great family memories you are creating.

Hit 40 said...

I adore that you told us what you see in the picture.

When I look at your picture, I see my son with his dog fluffy tossed over his shoulders running around the house.

Cute pic!!

Michelle said...

Ok, that is a great picture. I love how his tiger tail is hanging down.

Plus, if it brings back fond memory then it is an excellent picture.

Bren said...

That really is a wonderful picture! The tail is great and so is the tradition!

Latree@Dandelion said...

when you are in a romantic vacation in cancun with your husband, why should care about football?

have a great vacation!

Brandi said...

Okay, cute pic Auburn stuff and all. And sweeeet... have a great vaca! :)

Kelli W said...

That is such a cute picture! We haven't made it back to many games since we have had kids...but they are getting older now so we are going to try and make at least one this year! Have fun in Cancun...maybe the fact that you are at the beach will make losing to MS State not so bad LOL!

david mcmahon said...

To me, it conveys a great family bond.

Hope you have a great vacation.

Brandi said...

Great picture. I can't believe that I am admitting this but I bought the 7 home game season pass to the Auburn games today. I have a good reason though. My nephew is in the ROTC and I will get to see him and I have a ticket to the AL/AU. I never thought I would see the day that I would do that. You are so lucky that you are going to Cancun I wish I was. I hope you have a great time.

Chris said...

Emily, let me tell you what I think the best photographs in the world are: they are the pictures that capture moments -- they capture life being lived. I think this shot is AWESOME! And I love what it causes you to think about.

Well, done!

Have a fun time in Cancun, though trying to get a guy to stop thinking about football this time of year will be a real task.

You're resourceful, I'm sure you'll think of something.

Anonymous said...

It's a great tradition to have and I love the tiger tail too!

Have a great vacation!

Carrie said...

Super cute picture...I love the pics with the kids and Daddy :)

wow...have an amazing getaway in Cancun...hopefully football will be an afterthougth :) maybe a little tackling! LOL! Sorry, too personal maybe! ;) enjoy your weekend!

Amy @ The Q Family said...

I love the picture especially the tail! I was in Auburn for one semester so I will send good vibe for you this season. :)

He & Me + 3 said...

That is the cutest picture. Love the tail. There is nothing like college football games. So fun! Have a great time in Cancun!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Enjoy every blessed minute of your romantic vacation! I'm only slightly jealous. :)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

You have such devotion and passion for your football team/university.... fun traditions to pass along to your children.
Have a wonderful vacation.

SouthernDogwoods said...

Ooo, girl - have a great time in Cancun. We went last year (just hubby & I) and LOVED it!!!! It was heaven - have a great time!!!

Kelli said...

This is such a great post. I loved Lauren's too. This really makes the picture come alive. I love reflecting back on things. Oh and I love the helmet!

tiarastantrums said...

I snorted in my coffee just now at that photo - love it!

Anonymous said...

It's a picture you will treasure for ever! I love it...

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Message conveyed perfectly. Hope you are having a great time.

kayerj said...

photo's/memories they go together.

I’m remembering 9/11 today here’s my link Have a nice Friday!

Ryanne said...

One of my favorite things about being married with kids is the traditions we get to start! Sounds like a great one to me!

Heidi said...

The striped tail looks a bit like your son is having a potty problem. Sorry, inapropriate.
I think traditions are great. I wish that My husband and I had a tradition like yours. And I wish that we were going to Cancun too. I am so jelous! You'll have to post pictures when you get back.

Unknown said...

I LOVE love love that tiger tail! Enjoy that romantic vacation. I had to chuckle a little about your last line. ;)

Holly said...

You're such a fan! There are some War Eagles in our family. And a friend is too. Still has the AU plate frame on her vehicle.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

A romantic weekend wins out every time! ;0) But, maybe that's just me. I am by NO means a football fan.

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Unknown said...

What a sweet photo. I can see why it's so special. Hope you have a wonderful time away!