Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cancun - our trip in photos

We are back from Cancun (obviously)!
And we had a great time!

I have been busy trying to catch up on emails, blogs, etc, so I'm just going to do a summary picture post of our trip.

Here is the view from the resort where we stayed.

I totally love how the housekeepers would make little animals with the towels every day!
Sitting on the beach watching a parasailer go by
We went over to watch the sunset on the Lagoon and got eaten by a shark
Hubs tried to take a picture of us on the beach...he has a hard time smiling and pushing the button. It's that whole multi-tasking thing, yk.
And then some one took a picture for us
The little tiki hut that we lounged under every day just reading, drinking, and listening to the waves.


On the dock by the Lagoon at sunset
Alex was thrilled to discover that the local Hooters had the Auburn game on (along with the UGA game and the USC game). We, of course, had to sit and watch it. We met another Auburn couple in there (also from Atlanta) doing the same thing!
Me and the green gaucho. He was a real guy all painted up green.
We got up early two mornings to watch the sunrise. The sunrise and sunset are one of my favorite aspects of the beach experience.


So, there you go. That was pretty much our trip. Not too exciting, but we didn't go for excitement. We went for some R&R and a lot of togetherness...and that's just what we got!

We had a great time.

And another big THANK YOU to Grammy and Granddaddy...they made our vacation possible!

28 comments:

easy edges studio said...

looks like an awesome trip....i am jealous!!

Kmama said...

Great pictures. Looks like so much fun!! Did you guys stay at a Royal Resort (Royal Caribbean, Royal Mayan, Royal Sands, etc.)? The pool area looks familiar.

Pam said...

I too am jealous! Its been 3 yrs. since I took my last cruise and this made me realize how much I need another one! Nice pics.
Pam

Kelli said...

Emily, that water is to die for! That looks like such an amazing time and how nice for you and your hubby to get away to have some good quality time. Thanks for sharing.

Brandi said...

The pictures are beautiful. Glad you had a great time. I have never been to Cancun but I have been to Cozumel and LOVED IT!

Kat said...

How perfect! I'm so glad you had such a fabulous time.
What resort did you stay at? My hubby and I love Cancun and went for our honeymoon and then again for an anniversary. We are always looking for nice resorts to stay at.

Summer said...

Awww....it's beautiful..and so are you and your hubby! I'm glad you two got some alone time and some much deserved R&R!

Have a wonderful week!
-Summer

Kelli W said...

Those pics are gorgeous! I could so use a little mini vacation right now too! I'm glad you had a great time!

Jessica said...

I am so jealous!! It looks like y'all had a great time. It is so beautiful there!

Jennie said...

... I hear steel drums playing softly in the background :) Gorgeous pics and looks like y'all had a fine ole time!

I just love having 'War Eagle' moments with other Auburn folks when you're nowhere near AL :)

He & Me + 3 said...

What a beautiful trip and the pictures are awesome love the sunset picture of you both.

SouthernDogwoods said...

Agh! Cancun, oh how I miss you! What awesome pictures! So funny you found Hooters and could watch the game!

Foursons said...

Looks like the perfect trip to me. Vacation is supposed to be relaxing and not go,go,go,go.

Tina said...

So jealous! Looks like a wonderful trip!

woman who roars said...

fun fun fun!!!
I'm so glad you got some R&R!

Erin said...

Looks like an amazing time. I bet it was nice to get away for awhile. I can't wait to do that once this little one comes :)

Lyryn said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Yes...if you have any advice I'll take it! :)

Looks like you had a great time and the pictures are absolutely gorgeous! What a Vaca!!

Brandi said...

Awesome pics! What a view... looks like y'all had an amazing time! :)

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time!!! Now back to the real world, huh?!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Looks like so much fun. Makes me want to go to Mexico!

Hit 40 said...

I can feel the sand between my toes. Just Beautiful. I am happy for you that your trip turned great.

Carrie said...

Oh how FUN! Love the pictures and your dress is super cute! So glad you could get away, it looked amazing! Welcome home :)

Bethany said...

Wow, what a dream it must have been- it's beyond beautiful there! I'm glad you had a good time! :)

Angie said...

Wow..great pics! Looks so fun!!

Chris said...

Ok, yeah, I'm pretty sure I need to book a trip to Cancun.

Yeah, pretty sure.

Heidi said...

WOW! What a beautiful place. I didn't realize the green man was a real man. I thought you had your arm around a statue. Very creepy. The sunrise was beautiful too. I'm glad that you posted pictures of your vacation, it's fun to see places from around the world. The internet is probably the only way that I will ever see them.

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh - that looks like a fun and gorgeous vacation! You look so relaxed and *pretty*! :)

heidi said...

I LOVE that dress you're wearing with the green martian guy. It's beautiful! Looks like a fantabulous time. I'm now green, too.