Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Beans, beans...

They're good for your heart...

Well, you know the rest.  That was the song Jack was singing while we were playing with (what else?) beans!

I've had a big container of dried beans ever since I stole this idea and realized that the fun wasn't worth the clean up.

I don't know why it took me over a year to realize I should just put them outside!

They've been having a blast for the last week.  And, bonus, beans in the sand table means they aren't tracking in sand!

I think I'm finally onto something here...



11 comments:

Jessica said...

Good idea!

Kelli W said...

Fun! I hate sand...a few stray beens is a lot better than a sandy floor. I was thinking about getting Eli a sandbox this spring. How cool would it be to fill the whole thing with beans:)

Kelli said...

You are a genius! I hate sand and this would work so much better.

Angie said...

I have been planning to do a blog post about beans too..

My kids put them on the tramploline and call them jumping beans. AND they buried a few in the sandbox and they sprouted. HA!

So we were growing beans in our sandbox...until Hayden ripped them up.

lsnellings said...

How do you get the sand out of your sandbox?

Jen said...

I did something similar once with fish rocks. You are smart to do it outside, I unfortunately was not.

Rachel said...

They look like they're having a blast!

Unfortunately, my mother decided to let Itty Bit go crazy with beans in her backyard... and it was impossible to clean it all up from the grass...

Take a wild guess? Yep, she has bean plants all over the place in random locations in her lawn now! hee hee!

(Can't say I didn't warn ya :)

Emmy said...

Genius! So nice when we can send them outside to play

Kmama said...

I never thought of that! Of course, we'd have to do it in the summer, but what a fantastic idea!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Beans! Awesome idea. We have rice in ours but rice is too small. Stealing your idea!

HeatherOz said...

Genius!
I thought it was "the magical fruit!"