Thursday, October 15, 2009

PSF and if my kids had blog names

After I started blogging, I noticed that a lot of bloggers have secret code names for their children. I actually call my children by their real names because I don't care about stalkers the thought of anonymity never entered my mind.

However, if my children did have code names on here they would be:

Captain Blabbermouth

Jack talks constantly, regardless if anyone is listening. He will talk about anything,however, usually he's instructing (aka bossing) someone. If he is silent for more than 3.5 seconds, I'm pretty sure he'll spontaneously combust.

Yes, I know it looks at though he's just standing there. In reality, he talking about how he hit the ball and ran the bases.
And here he's giving me a detailed description of the picture he's coloring. And by detailed, I mean something along the lines of, "See this little bird I'm coloring here. I'm coloring it brown. Just like the birds in ou
r yard. We should put out some more bird seed. What happened to all our bird seed? The bird I'm coloring is sitting on a tree. See? I'm drawing the tree here. Do you see it Mom?..."
Hopefully you get the point.
And now, "Mom, please stop taking my picture s
o I can keep talking."


The Bag Lady

If she has a bag, she will fill it. With anything she can find. Toys, trash, my stuff, your stuff. She's not picky. I'm scared she'll be the old lady you see walking down the sidewalk pushing an old Walmart shopping cart.

This is a plastic, zippered bag that contains her My Little Ponies. She has also crammed it full of foam blocks, some books, a stuffed animal, the wrapper from her fruit snacks, a blanket, and some balls. She had to sit on it to get it to shut.


Here we have her shoving a bunch of crap treasures in a drawer.
Here she is collecting things in the watering cans out on the deck. We have leaves, golf balls, and miscellaneous bubble paraphernalia.
Showing me her loot.
Ah, a hoarder. Truly every mother's dream.



The Wrecking Ball

If Charlie was a superhero, his super power would be the power to destroy. His mission is total destruction and complete annihilation of all in his path.

What's more fun than pulling out every. single. thing. out. of. the. cabinets.? That would be watching Mommy put it all away and pulling it out again!
He's stealthy glancing around to see if anyone is watching him. This is one of his more underhanded modes of destruction.
Quick, over to the lights on the deck...
Rip the cover off and grab the teeny tiny light bulb that would be so easy to choke on.
Whoops! Busted! And this is the point when he tosses the cover and bulb off the deck. Yep, fun games, fun times.



36 comments:

scrappysue said...

that's too cute. girls and their bags eh? it starts early!!!

Cecily R said...

HAHAHAHA! I LOVE the way you describe your kids! I have a wrecking ball too...and lately it's just getting worse.

Not having them around would be boring though, right? Right? :)

Tiffany West said...

Cute kids! I am with you on the code name thing, I have never thought about it either. Though after your cute post, I think I'm gonna have to!

Brandi said...

LOL! That is hilarious. My oldest is my "talker" too. Never shuts up.

Kmama said...

Ahh, too darn cute. My Buddy is quite the talker too...gets in trouble at school for it as well. LOL

He & Me + 3 said...

Those names are perfect. I love them. I can totally relate to the blabber mouth. I have one. Model is a big blabber mouth. Good grief I should change her name:) Love the bag lady too. My Actress loves purses does that count?
I have a wrecking ball too. THat is funny. This post was so cute and so are your kids. love the pictures to go along with it.

Heidi Boos said...

What a fun post, Emily! I love all of the "code names" for your kids...so cute! I should think of what my kids' names might be. It sounds like fun! Melody and Mikayla sound so much alike! I am constantly finding the most random things in Mikayla's purses, drawers...anywhere you can stuff something.

Happy Friday!! Enjoy your weekend...

Chris said...

Bravo! I love the names -- so perfectly descriptive!

Captain Blabbermouth should have his own television show!

Carrie said...

Oh that is great! I love the pictures! They are so cute...but maybe not when Charlie is pulling everything out...and Melody is stuffing it all in her bag...while Jack tells on them! They are adorable!

Maggie May said...

I particularly love the name *The Wrecking Ball* I think we have all had one of those in our families at some stage or another.
Your little ones make gorgeous photos!
Nuts in May

SouthernDogwoods said...

Great names! It never occurred to me to rename my girls for my blog either. Oops!

Kelli W said...

SUPER funny! I swear Jack and Henry sound so much alike! Henry never. stops. talking. He got his report card this week and the only thing it said he needed to work on was 'controlling his talking'! LOL!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Oh I love it! If I had a name for my kid it would be Mr. Fussypants. Or Mr. Bipolar. Seriously, some days he's up and ecstatic other days he is a bear.

The photos that go with this are absolutely precious! So glad I stumbled over here!

Lyryn said...

So stinking cute they are!

Jennie said...

hahaha! Cuteness is also a power of The Wrecking Ball :)

I was cracking up about him until it hit me that THAT isn't too far off in the future for us!!

kayerj said...

If the name fits . . . and it sounds like you have your kids figured out. Cute post. If you want to wander down my road I’m home.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Hey, we have a hoarder and a wrecking ball here, too!

The hoarding started when Natalie got presents, too!

Blog names and all, still love 'em.

Heidi said...

Ha, ha, ha! I loved this post! I have "code" names for my kids, but they are no where near as creative as yours are. On my family blog I say their names all over the place. But for some reason I felt like I needed to "hide" their identity from the blogging world even though I post full facial shots of them on a near daily basis. I'm finding out that I was probably just paranoid.
Thanks for this very entertaining post!!!
If you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at Cake Crumbs.

Momisodes said...

LOL! Your blog names are hilarious! I'm guessing my daughter and your Captain Blabbermouth would get along very well :)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

SO perfect! Love the names and descriptions!

Kasey said...

Why is it that little ones are like wrecking balls? I mean my little girl walks around just pulling things onto the ground. I don't think she ever actually plays with any of it, just pulls it out!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Such beautiful babies! Love their names too! I never gave mine nicknames either, it's very common though these days. I'd loose my mind trying to remember what to call them. Heck, I call Emmy Izzy and Izzy Emmy. :)

Great series of photos!

Susie said...

What a great PSF!! I definitely have a talker, unfortunately I am the hoarder and destroyer extrodinaire in our home--so that leaves me with no one to blame for all the messes!!!!!

Emmy said...

I don't have secret names for my kids either.
Those are great names. What a cute post and your children are adorable! I have a talker too, well actually I have two talkers that like to constantly talk at the same time. So I have gotten pretty good at tuning some of it out.

Marty said...

I love it the blog names. That is fun. I will have to figure out what mine could be. I love the bag lady! It starts early, doesn't it.

Foursons said...

I didn't do the code names either. And now it would be so difficult to go back and change all my posts so I won't. 'Cause that's how I roll.

Your daughter is a girl after my own heart. It's NOT hoarding though! She's organizing! I love bags, boxes, containers...oh The Container Store! I LOVE THAT STORE! Ahem. Yeah. Love your girl. Sweet thing she is!

Bethany said...

I love the names! Charlie's cracks me up!!!!

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

I am one of the weirdos who has blog names for her kids and has sometimes called them by these names in real life!

Yours however are much more creative!

Carolyn Ford said...

What cute kids! And, I love your titles for each! Very cute post!

Angie said...

holy crap i love this post...i am dying it is so funny!! we should get layla and jack together so she could talk his ear off...she talks all the time also :)

Miti said...

Hey Emily! So glad you dropped by. Believe it or not, we ate the whole stinkin' dragon. Who knew dragons could be so yummy. I thought it was cute how they incorporated the meal into the theme.

I've thought about giving my little guy a fun nickname but I haven't done it yet. I go back and forth. Sometimes I'll say his name and sometimes I won't. I know you have to be very careful these days but I think using their names is ok here and there as long as you don't give out last names and addresses. But I do like those clever little names you see on all the blogs. Those were too cute!

Rachel said...

I had a comment all ready, then I went and read the one before mine and got all confused, LOL. That's what I get for trying to figure out a side conversation! :)

Loved this post! I was one of those bloggers that went back and swapped out the real names for nicknames on every stinkin' post... only after ended up with a few more hits than I thought we would and I kinda got nervous about us both being in law enforcement. I know, paranoid!

Love how you gave photographic proof of their nicknames! And that Wrecking Ball! How on earth did he figure out how to tear up the lights?!?! Ingenious!

Honey Mommy said...

Seriously... if your son is Captain Blabbermouth, then my son must be an admiral or something! I swear no one talks more than that kid! Good thing I love him!

Honey Mommy said...

Seriously... if your son is Captain Blabbermouth, then my son must be an admiral or something! I swear no one talks more than that kid! Good thing I love him!

imbeingheldhostage said...

What a hilarious PSF! I love it!
I started with the codename thing, but it just seems so impersonal sometimes :-(

Holly said...

Pretty sure your Wrecking Ball would get along with my Man-cub!