Monday, October 12, 2009

now and then

Earlier this week I posted about our trip to the North Georgia State Fair last weekend.

It was our second year going and my kids wanted to ride many of the same rides they rode last year. (Shocker, I know, since they are so unpredictable! *sarcasm*)

It's amazing to look at how much they changed in just a short year.

Jack was 4 and had just begun Pre-K.





Now he's 5, in kindergarten, and thinks he knows it all!


Melody was 19 months old and just beginning to sprout a little fluff on her head.
(No, I don't know how in the world I was able to fit in that car. And yes, I was really scared that I was going to be stuck there u
ntil after I gave birth.)





And here's my big girl now. She's grown up already in so many ways!



And speaking of changes taking place so quickly...

Charlie goes to visit my parents for 5 days and comes back practically running!

T
his is what he was like when he left and this is the video I took Tuesday after I picked him up. (*Update* He's pretty much become a full-fledged walker in the past three days!)

16 comments:

Theta Mom said...

It's amazing how fast they grow up isn't it? I look at your daughter and when they are that little, even three months makes a difference, let alone a year! Now that my baby girl is a year, I can just imagine how much she'll begin to chnage in the coming months. Awesome pictures! You guys are just too cute!!!

Brandi said...

They do grow up too fast.

Kmama said...

It's both wonderful and sad to see how far they've come in a year. I love the video of Charlie walking. Too cute!

Kelli W said...

Jack and Melody have both gotten so big since last year! And Charlie is SUPER cute walking! Don't you love the way they walk when they are first learning...it's like they are walking through tall grass! WTG Charlie!

SouthernDogwoods said...

I love that picture of you in the car! So cute!
They do grow up so fast. I am hoping they slow down soon!

Angie said...

Wow you kiddos HAVE changed...they are so cute!!

Great video of Charlie...he is doing great walking.

Jen said...

it is amazing the difference a year can make! But I have to say that I think Charlie was the one that changed the most, in the belly to now walking in one year. Amazing!

Gretchen said...

Man, I'm glad you didn't get stuck in that car. That's all I can think about because I look about like you did in that picture!

He & Me + 3 said...

Cute flash back pictures. Your kids are so cute. A year makes such a difference in their little lives. They have grown so much. Go Charlie...he looks like he is racing.

Kasey said...

What great pics and memories! He is walking! did you have the little man not long after the pic of you in the ride w/ your little girl?

Brandi said...

It's crazy how much they change in a year! Great pics. You're kids are so darn cute! ;)

Jennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie said...

I'm so sorry! I totally cracked up when he toppled over! They just get so much momentum going and then BOOM! Luckily, they're very resilient little buggers - he's too cute :)

[PS: btw, I hope he's okay - I'm totally not laughing at him being hurt, just the whole they-run-full-tilt part of learning to walk :)]

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Still looking for that pause button for my kiddos...if you find one, let me know.

Hit 40 said...

Your in trouble now!! I have never understood why babies are so expensive at day cares. They can't go anywhere?? Just little sweet blobs.

Carrie said...

Oh...why does time go so fast...look at those cuties! And you were adorable in that little ride! So cute :)

Wow! Look at Charlie go! Watch out!