Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Are you OK?

My parents are in Colorado this week, skiing and vising my brother Ben.

Their trip reminded me of the last time we all went skiing together. We went to Park City, UT, in December 2000.


My mom and I are nowhere near as good as my dad and brothers We all ski on different levels and usually split up on the slopes.

However, on this particular day, we had meet up at the top to ski along the ridge.

We were enjoying a leisurely run down, enjoying the scenery and chatting.

Somehow my mother got a little ahead of us and when we all rounded the corner we found her sprawled on the ground.

"Are you OK?" my dad asked rushing towards her.

"I'm fine," replied my mom, "but I hope that guy I knocked off the mountain is OK!"

Suddenly, we see a ski come up over the edge and hear a voice say, "Don't worry, I'm OK!" Then up came the second ski.

With a little help, the guy was able to get back up onto the mountain and we all went on our way. Even though that was years ago, we still laugh every time we tell that story.


23 comments:

woman who roars said...

Lol! Your mom is such a bruiser! Look out world!
You are all braver than I am. Ed and I were in Park City and it is exhausting to WALK on those hills, let alone slide down on two slim boards.

Kmama said...

That is so funny!!! I'm sitting here chuckling, just thinking about seeing one ski and then the other.

Unknown said...

Oh my word. That is SO funny : ). It made me laugh and laugh. I am glad he got back up : )

heidi said...

Oh my gosh! LOL I'm glad they were both ok!

Foursons said...

Hahaha- that could have been tragic! I'm glad everyone turned out alright.

Leiah said...

I could just imagine the guy popping up "I'm OK!" Too funny!

Kelli W said...

Too funny! I bet it was scary too until you saw the guy's ski pop up!

SouthernDogwoods said...

That is hilarious!
(I have never been skiing but it is on my bucket list!) Love this story

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Watch out for your mom on the slopes. Got it.

{Kimber} said...

haaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
I've never been skiing before and if your Mom is going I'll make sure to watch my back :)

Brandi said...

LOL! I thought you were going to say that your mom was joking, but nope... she really did try to kill someone! ;)

Erin said...

ha ha ha really you have the funniest stories, love it!

lsnellings said...

your mom cracks me up!

Lyryn said...

This is why I read your blog! You crack me up girl! :)

PennsylvaniaBelle said...

That would be my luck!

Liz Mays said...

Your poor mom! But that is such a funny story!

He & Me + 3 said...

OMGosh that is too funny. I have no words I am laughing so hard. Poor mom...poor guy. LOL

Kelli said...

Oh my!

Emmy said...

Lol! Okay especially since everyone was okay that is pretty dang funny

Rachel said...

No way!!!

I am just cracking up at it - it totally sounds like something I would do!

You told it perfectly (left me wanting to know the rest of the story!)

Thanks for linking up - have a great one!

Carrie said...

oh my goodness, that is so funny! Kind of...I can only imagine what that must've looked like, LOL! When we had our first lesson...Dan totally wiped out our instructor! Glad everyone was okay and you have a great story forever! ;)

HeatherOz said...

hahaha! That is so funny! I lived in UT for 30 years and never learned to ski! I miss Park City!

Angie said...

HA! Wow...that is crazy!

I love snow skiing and Colorado is amazing!!