Monday, May 16, 2011

Mother's Day and Warriors

In my last post, I blogged about my children's love of Jesus.  Jack just loves to soak in knowledge of Him while Melody is a huge worshipper.  She has been singing her favorite song for all who will listen, including the staff at our chuch.  Our pastor loved it so much that he asked her to sing it for the congregation at all three services!  The video was taken at the 8:45 service and getting to hear her stand up there and sing pretty much topped my Mother's Day!



Alex parents were also visiting that weekend, so after church we all went out for my favorite Mother's Day tradition; brunch! 

So all that, along with a fabulous necklace and some beautiful earrings, definitely made me feel like one special mommy!


I know. Not a great picture.  It came from my phone.
...........................................................................................................

Some of you might remember this from last year.

Yep, he made me do it again.
Pre-race with our friend, Randy

It was fun and still just as muddy.


I did a little better this year than I did last year at #109 out of 726 women in my age group (that's 15th percentile).

And, yes, of course, Alex wants to do it again next year! 


Mommy and Me Monday at Really, Are You Serious?
Hosted by Krystyn at Really, Are You Serious?

9 comments:

Foursons said...

Oh my goodness, that was the sweetest thing EVER. Brought tears to my eyes.

Congrats on being in the 15%, you rock!

Kmama said...

Melody is such a sweetheart.

I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day!

Bren said...

That is one of the sweetest things I think I have ever seen! She is just precious!

Holly said...

So cute! You must be so proud of your little one. I would have cried and made a fool of myself if that was my kid. Looks like you had a great week!

Emmy said...

Awwwww! So so adorable and she us not shy at all! That is an amazing Mother's day present

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Bummed I missed the singing..but super cute!

Looks like you had a good 'ole messy time.

Rachel said...

I love her singing at church! Even if I can't hear it, isn't it precious how everyone was reacting? Amazing how God can work in those tiny hearts!

Daily Tales of Sugar and Spice said...

oh my!!! melody singing. she is the cutest, sweetest thing!

heidi said...

Oh. My. GOSH! That was the cutest thing EVER!! LOL

Yay on being 109! Go you. :-)